Bone broth and other reset diets? Worth it?

Options
2»

Replies

• Candyspun
    Candyspun Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I enjoy bone broth as a food and that's it. 'Reset' sounds like the new buzzword for 'detox'. I don't do or believe in dietary detox.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Nope. We're not robot, we don't have a reset feature.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    investit wrote: »
    If your speaking of the 21 day Bone Broth Diet then it's a great one for a cleansing healthy kick start.
    Really it just combines two mini fasting days (you drink water and 5 to 6 cups of a good bone broth) with a healthy (paleo type) diet all the other days.
    It is just combing intermittent fasting (500 calories) with Paleo
    The benefits are nicer looking skin, joints that don't hurt as much, and weight loss if you need it.

By weight loss - you mean temporary water weight loss because you are cutting to very low calories - all of which will likely come back on when you start eating normally again?

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I can guarantee that bone broth does nothing for joint pain. Oh how I wish it did.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,780 Member
    Options
    I love bone broth. With onions and some sliced meat and sprouts and noodles and hoisin and sriracha sauce! Not sure how healthy the fried egg rolls and fish sauce that seems to be attached to the broth tub really are. Also the whole thing tends to log in at a bit over 1500 Cal at local sizes and the next day weigh in is about 3lbs up due to sodium.. so I only save the bone broth diet for special occasions!

sounds to me that dieting seems to be a bonding experience for your group as opposed to a need or personal exigency.

Such social bonding experiences are seldom conducive to long-term results...
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    There are all kinds of body reset diets. Reset is the latest catchphrase, buzzy word for weight loss. You go off the rails and quickly need a 10 or 15 day reset. It's pairs nicely with the all or nothing dieting mentality. If you could really jumpstart your metabolism, fix your hormones, cure a 'leaky gut', obliterate autoimmune diseases, rid yourself of disordered eating with a reset...why O who would you need to depart from the reset cure in the first place. Why would you bounce in and out of a miraculous cure.

There are monomeal diets. Bone broth is nice but a steady diet of it would get old. Elimination diets have been around for a very long time. They were used to test for allergies, along with an actual blood test. Self-diagnosing allergies and food sensitivities with a food reset can lead to false positives by the power of suggestion. Quackery.

I'm through with diets and food hacks. Most of it is nitwittery with slick marketing. Every new miracle cure promises to heal a negative relationship with food. Old dieting terms are replaced with new buzzwords but they all lead to the same destination. Mostly they lead to eating it all back and rebound weight gain with friends. Then you must quickly reset yourself to compensate for all of your food sins. Forgive me, diet, for I have sinned. I'm not going out like that.