Replies

• Andy10725
    Andy10725 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    yes..but for me, i changed entirely how and what i ate. I went to a whole foods diet..no processed or pre packed frozen anything, not even a lean cuisine (which i used to survive on). I don't even count calories..but am finally at my goal weight making real changes.

Eating whatever I wanted,( which made me fat in the first place).. within my calorie range kept me hooked on junk food and craving constantly. So,I'm not a big believer in the "eat what you want fit it into your calories" mantra. But it sounds good and feeds the hope of not having to change. But..yeah.. you do have to change.

It takes a lot of work for a long while as you lose the weight.... then, all of a sudden, the new healthy habits become second nature and is actually easy.
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    When I started I ate less of everything that I normally ate.

Once I started eating less and moving more it was easier for me to naturally make other dietary changes. I don't really eat many of the same foods that I used to. I never eat pasta anymore, but I think when people say "you have to give up {insert whatever food here}" that that's really daunting and seems impossible.

Typically, I don't miss those foods I no longer eat because I no longer eat them because I no longer desire them. I would rather have a chicken breast with seasoning and veggies than take out. I still go out to eat but either make smarter choices or work it into my weekly calories.

But I think when you first start out the important thing to remember is that yes you can just eat whatever you want and stay in your calories. Eventually though you might WANT to make different choices.
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I found that I didn't see good results when I ate whatever I wanted but still kept my calories below my daily limits (i.e. pizza, bread, sweets, wine). There was only one time in my life when that was possible and that was when I was a teenager.

I've observed that there is a distinct difference in how I look and how easily the pounds come off depending on how I eat. When I eat crap, my body holds on to the fat more easily. When my daily calories are filled with fruits and vegetables, lean meats, and a lack of processed foods, I look leaner and pounds come off more quickly.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!