How many calories from what???

poisonapple
poisonapple Posts: 30 Member
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
I have PCOS and I am having a REALLY hard time losing more than 1-2lbs PER MONTH!!! I have been researching new plans specifically for PCOS and insulin resistance and what I'm running into are a bunch of percentages. Eat _% calories from carbs, _% from fat etc. I am a busy girl and finding time to log my meals are tough enough I just know that I will have a VERY hard time keeping track of percentages in addition. Are there any quick, easy "cheater" ways to calculate or are there any programs you know of that do it for you? I would really appreciate any ideas/suggestions

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Just a suggestion - MFP's diary keeps track of the %'s of fats, etc... so my suggestion is to get into the habit of planning out your day before you eat it. The night before, sit down and put everything in that you are intending on having and look to see if you are meeting your requirements. It will have to be a change in your lifestyle that will definitely need to be incorporated in order to meet your goals. Good luck to you on your journey.:flowerforyou:
  • I had pcos as well before my surgery...I gained weight and had alot of fluctuation in my weight.....the dr told me that cardio helps with better results and aerobics....he also said to stay away or avoid large amounts of pasta, potatoes and things of that nature....
This discussion has been closed.