Pizza daily for weight gain?

shi7934
shi7934 Posts: 16 Member
i guess its more of a healthy thing for a skinny person to eat pizza on daily basis so as to get calories in one go..what say?

Replies

• DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    What does "I guess it's more of a healthy thing..." mean? Is there actually a question there?

If you're asking if pizza is healthy then yes, it can be. As stated above, it's carbs, fat, and protein.

If asking if it's bad to eat pizza to gain weight then no, no food is inherently good or bad as far as calorie counts go. Calories are calories.

If asking if you need to get all of your calories in one go then no, timing of meals doesn't matter for weight loss or gain. All that matters are calorie totals.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Whether you are trying to lose, maintain or gain weight - eating the same thing every day doesn’t sound enjoyable or sustainable even if it’s pizza.

What are your goals - weight gain, but why? Are you under weight? Are you bulking?
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,794 Member
    If you're lagging behind on your caloric goal for the day, a pizza is a good option to make up the ground when there's not much time in the day left. As a skinny person trying to gain some weight, and absolutely does not want to lose any , I'd rather cram in pizza than undereat for the day. Try to plan out your meals though for well rounded nutrition and variety.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    If you are trying to gain weight you need to eat more calories than your maintenance level. You do not have to consume all your calories in one meal.
    Calorie dense foods and drinks can be helpful if your goal is weight gain. You can eat lots of things including pizza. You do not have to eat pizza every day.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    I’m confused, not sure what the question is.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Pizza is a healthy or unhealthy as you make it. Eat more calories than maintenance and you'll gain weight, doesn't matter the source.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Pizza is the perfect bulking food. It has a balance of all the macros and is relatively calorie dense not to mention delicious. I can definitely cut on pizza but it takes a lot more effort than bulking on it lol
  • pinksunnyrose
    pinksunnyrose Posts: 453 Member
    edited June 2018
    Why can’t this be me

I’m assuming the op wants to eat pizza everyday and needs to gain weight. Otherwise, add me to the list of confused pizza lovers.