How do I turn off exercise calories?

Options
Want to turn off excercise calories I’m getting as my Fitbit is synced to mfp. I don’t want to eat the extra calories but don’t really want to unsync my Fitbit and mfp. Can I do this?

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,727 Member
    Options
    Want to turn off excercise calories I’m getting as my Fitbit is synced to mfp. I don’t want to eat the extra calories but don’t really want to unsync my Fitbit and mfp. Can I do this?

Why would you do this?
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I use MapMyWalk for walking and Strava for paddling and I think they both are high. I edit their numbers. You can also delete exercise. Sounds like a pain, but if you are logging consistently (I am), you are in there all the time anyway.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Options
    You can manually adjust the amount of calories it gives you.

But you're supposed to eat back exercise calories. At least some of them. That's how this site is set up.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Why would you sync your Fitbit if you didn't want the exercise calories? That makes no sense to me.
  • Jadub729
    Jadub729 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    what is the sense in having them linked? the whole purpose is to get the exercise calories, just unlink it
  • katielou454
    katielou454 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Because I wanted to see what calories the steps equates to but to choose whether I wanted to eat them back. Can’t be bothered with subtracting them all the time if I don’t wish to use them so wondered if there was an option to stop or adjusting your overall daily calories. I’m new to this so not sure how it all works.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    you eat the calories back
    that's how this all work
    at least 50%