Protein, Fat, Carbs

Options
Can someone check out my menu for today? I recently changed my goals but I don't know if I'm eating too much protein? What's your normal protein in take per day? I'm 113lbs, pretty much sedentary/lightly active, 26 years old. I'm on maintenance now. I've been put on a high protein, low carb diet for more than 6 months and I researched and found out that being on a high protein diet for a long time isn't good. So now I don't know what I should do.

Thoughts?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    On the days you actually logged, you're barely reaching 1000 calories a day and you're eating less than 50g protein.

You're eating too little calories and nowhere close to "too much protein."

Eat more calories and protein.
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    On the days you actually logged, you're barely reaching 1000 calories a day and you're eating less than 50g protein.

You're eating too little calories and nowhere close to "too much protein."

Eat more calories and protein.

Yeah, I'm trying to change that today. I haven't consumed what I logged on yet, I was just trying to see if I'll be able to reach my calories/macros for the day.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Minimum RDA protein intake for women is 46g or 0.8g/kg body weight. Most people around here recommend 1g/lb body weight or 1g/lb lean body weight. If I were you I would shoot for somewhere between 60-100g.
  • WanderingPomme
    Options
    Minimum RDA protein intake for women is 46g or 0.8g/kg body weight. Most people around here recommend 1g/lb body weight or 1g/lb lean body weight. If I were you I would shoot for somewhere between 60-100g.

That is awesome. Thank you!! :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Can someone check out my menu for today? I recently changed my goals but I don't know if I'm eating too much protein? What's your normal protein in take per day? I'm 113lbs, pretty much sedentary/lightly active, 26 years old. I'm on maintenance now. I've been put on a high protein, low carb diet for more than 6 months and I researched and found out that being on a high protein diet for a long time isn't good So now I don't know what I should do.

Thoughts?

Where did you see this and what is considered high protein?
  • WanderingPomme
    Options
    Can someone check out my menu for today? I recently changed my goals but I don't know if I'm eating too much protein? What's your normal protein in take per day? I'm 113lbs, pretty much sedentary/lightly active, 26 years old. I'm on maintenance now. I've been put on a high protein, low carb diet for more than 6 months and I researched and found out that being on a high protein diet for a long time isn't good So now I don't know what I should do.

Thoughts?

I was consuming 140g chicken breast (31.25g protein) + 160g mixed veggies, 130 beef tenderloin (26g protein) + 140g veggies, Lowfat yogurt (8.75g protein) + fruit

So basically around 70-80g of protein a day with the fruits and veggies. I saw on the default MFP that was like 35g of protein per day which is waaay below than what I usually consume.

Here's the article about going on a high protein diet for more than 6 months.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/high-protein-diets/AN00847
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Thoughts?

I was consuming 140g chicken breast (31.25g protein) + 160g mixed veggies, 130 beef tenderloin (26g protein) + 140g veggies, Lowfat yogurt (8.75g protein) + fruit

So basically around 70-80g of protein a day with the fruits and veggies. I saw on the default MFP that was like 35g of protein per day which is waaay below than what I usually consume.

Here's the article about going on a high protein diet for more than 6 months.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/high-protein-diets/AN00847

That is not high at all.

Also, you need to read the article more carefully.