30 day shred

Options
Hey everyone,

Today I started the 30 day Shred
I'm gonna log here everyday to keep myself at it.
My starting weight is 145lbs and am hoping to get down to 135lbs but i know that is a bit of a push but always good to be optimistic.
I will be measuring too as I know I may gain a little muscle.
Feel free to join in with me doing the shred.

Replies

• Nativestar56
    Nativestar56 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it too but I'm not planning to complete it in a month. I'm doing it around 3x a week. I've got my cardio nailed with running and cycling so I'm doing it more for an introduction to strength training. I've yet to find the fun in strength training but I'm trying.

It's not the first time I've done level 1 but I've yet to make it all the way to 3. If you haven't noticed already, next time, keep an eye on Natalie. At one point she briefly 'cheats' and just does the armwork. Always makes me smile, especially as Jillian comments on how they don't stop even when her back is turned(!)
  • Pink201983
    Pink201983 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it too but I'm not planning to complete it in a month. I'm doing it around 3x a week. I've got my cardio nailed with running and cycling so I'm doing it more for an introduction to strength training. I've yet to find the fun in strength training but I'm trying.

It's not the first time I've done level 1 but I've yet to make it all the way to 3. If you haven't noticed already, next time, keep an eye on Natalie. At one point she briefly 'cheats' and just does the armwork. Always makes me smile, especially as Jillian comments on how they don't stop even when her back is turned(!)

Hiya I'm not sure I can do it everyday either as I am so sore from yesterday, I've done it all the way to level 3 a few years ago and then started doing lifting for women and got great results but life got in the way of exercise and now starting in a worse position than before so extra hard work is needed.
    When you get to your strength training just put on some pumping music and you'll soon get to liking it,

I have also spotted the cheating going on in the back ground
  • jennfeustel123
    jennfeustel123 Posts: 29 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I’m game to join in on a 30 shred- I’m not exclusive to Jillian though. I’m doing other workouts at home as well!
  • Nativestar56
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one taking it slower! There's no reason to torture yourself everyday if you're not after a quick fix. I think I made it level 2 a few years ago but never level 3. Where are you up to?

I did the 6th day of level 1 yesterday, I think I'll need to make myself a strength playlist as I don't really need to listen to Jillian anymore! Music is probably the key! I always run to music.
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I so much wish I could do this!!! I've just gotten older with injuries and now, it seems to take me a real long time to "work-up" doing low-level exercise things. I hope I can remember to frequently check in on y'all and your progress, as it will be quite interesting and so motivating. I'm so proud of y'all for doing this!!
  • Pink201983
    Options
    I’m game to join in on a 30 shred- I’m not exclusive to Jillian though. I’m doing other workouts at home as well!

Hiya glad you are going to join us.

Let us know how your getting on, Ive just started paddle boarding and it is a great work out as well as a stress buster.
  • Pink201983
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one taking it slower! There's no reason to torture yourself everyday if you're not after a quick fix. I think I made it level 2 a few years ago but never level 3. Where are you up to?

I did the 6th day of level 1 yesterday, I think I'll need to make myself a strength playlist as I don't really need to listen to Jillian anymore! Music is probably the key! I always run to music.

So I did day 1 level 1 on fri than had the weekend off as I just hurt way to much to do more squats haha so have just done day 2 today.

I've figured that I'm gonna do the 30dayshred on Mon, weds, fri And then paddle boarding on Tues and possibly swimming on fri.

• Pink201983
    Options
    I'm also thinking I need to do my measurements and photos so I can see the progress I'm making as the scales don't always change that much.
  • Nativestar56
    Options
    I did day 7 yesterday as I was feeling good and I didn't fancy going for a run. It was a bit silly to do two days in a row as I'm a bit sore today. Learnt my lesson! I'm busy Tuesdays so I'm going to wait until Wednesday to continue.
  • Nativestar56
    Options
    How is everyone getting on?

I did Day 9 today. Its getting a bit boring now so I'm glad I've only got one more before level 2. I struggle with push ups a lot though, the rest of the moves I have no problem with and have even started using higher weights for them but push ups? I'm still barely getting there with the modified one. I have improved though so maybe I just need patience.

Anyone else have a move that they really struggle with?
  • ioanalucky1
    ioanalucky1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm doing it, too. Today is the 2nd day of level 2. I'm doing it everyday, after the 1st day just took some ibuprofen and kept going. The soreness was gone after day 3 and I just felt stronger. I'm combining the 30 days shred with ripped in 30, doing 2 workouts everyday. Just keep going and you will soon feel stronger!!!
  • Nativestar56
    Options
    Anyone still doing this?

I've done day 2 of level 2. Level 2 feels a lot more cardio based than level 1, but it's nice to have a new challenge. I was definitely ready to step it up at the end of level 1. I don't feel so confident about level 2, it's tough!
  • cpip85
    cpip85 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    👋 I've just started today. I've never reached level 3 before. Determined to do it this month. I'm planning on doing it everyday.
  • marieschneider3544
    marieschneider3544 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @cpip85 are you doing 30 day shred?
  • Fatimahasnain
    Fatimahasnain Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I m on level 2.. level 1 was easily manageable but level 2 is tough.. no noticeable change on scale or measurement.. :(
  • Nativestar56
    Options
    Yeah, level 2 is quite a jump from level 1. I took a bit of a break so I'm only halfway through level 2 but I think I might do more than 10 sessions before trying level 3. Stick with it, its slow but you'll find yourself noticing small improvements each time.