PCOS

Options
Hello Ladies,

My name is Danielle & I have PCOS ! I am looking to find other women who have also been diagnosed with this & who may want to help support each other through this journey because as we know, this journey isn't an easy one.

I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2015. I began taking metformin to help with my symptoms & insulin resistance. I limited my sugar intake, ate whole grains, fruits, veggies & lean meats. I also became more active. I lost 48lbs over a year. I stopped taking the meds last year & unfortunately put all that weight back on & my period stopped once again. I just started taking the meds again & now I'm back to square one. I feel really crappy about it. I don't like feeling like a failure. My weight is a struggle for me & I am hoping that maybe I can find some support from other women who also have PCOS so we can go through this journey together.

Thanks!

Replies

• Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS. Diagnosed years ago.
    I’ve struggled with weight for years, but so far, through using MFP, I’ve lost 21.4kg, since Jan. I’ve still got about 30kg to lose.
    I’m not insulin resistant, but have issues with my oestrogen and progesterone, so am currently taking meds to try and sort that out.
    Feel free to add me :)

• happyhiggins
    happyhiggins Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    MFP?
  • happyhiggins
    Options
    I just got my blood work back & my insulin is good this time around but my testosterone is high.
  • happyhiggins
    Options
    Thanks
  • happyhiggins
    Options
    I just started this app today so still trying to figure out how to use it & how to add people. LOL!
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Hiya :) I also have PCOS, I'm 28 and I was diagnosed 6-7 years ago
    I'm trying to lose the 30-40lbs I ended up regaining in the space of 3-4 years due to inconsistent logging and stress eating after I lost close to 100lbs the first time back in 2012 - I'm currently about 20lbs away from goal, hoping to then maintain 125lbs at 5'2
    I don't have blood sugar or insulin related issues (at least I didn't last time I got stuff checked) but I'm dealing with other issues such as my hair going through periods of thinning, irregular periods (now on birth control again), and excessive facial hair...
    Anyway, feel free to add me on MFP if you want :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    There's an active group of women with PCOS here.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3070-p-c-o-sis
  • happyhiggins
    Options
    Thanks
  • happyhiggins
    Options
    I started a group if you would like to join.

P C O S
  • MeganMcK11
    MeganMcK11 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    MFP?
    MFP = MyFitnessPal.
    I’ve not been given an official diagnosis by my OBGYN on a piece of paper but we have discussed it and he said he believes that I do have PCOS.
    But anyway, I hope that by losing weight (again) and hopefully getting out of the yo-yo cycle that I’ve been in my entire life, I can control most of the symptoms.
    I’m not interested in joining the group but I’d be happy to add anyone that wanted to add me as a friend. ☺️ best of luck to you!