hunger

Options
i’m looking for tips to help suppress my appetite! anything is appreciated!

Replies

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough protein?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Humger is not the same as appetite, and don't try to suppress any of them. If you're not eating enough, eat more. If you're eating poorly, eat better. If you're eating food you don't really like, eat food you like. If all those things are taken care of, and you still just want to eat and eat and eat, tell yourself no, and remove yourself from the temptation if you can.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    1. Make sure your deficit is appropriate. Picking an aggressive goal (like 2 lbs or 1.5 lbs per week) when you don't have enough total weight to lose will make you hungry because your body really NEEDS those calories.
    2. Are you eating all the calories MFP gave you?
    3. Are you eating at least some of your exercise calories back? You're supposed to.
    4. Are you at least hitting your goal for protein, fat, and fiber? They can each affect satiety, so if you're low in one or more of them, topping it off can help.
    5. If you've got all those bases covered, you can try playing around with meal timing and frequency so you have more cals available at the times you are typically hungry.
    6. When you're doing everything right and still have the munchies, caffeine can be an appetite suppressant for some. I also find sugar free gum, a mint, or a cup of herbal tea can help by keeping my taste buds busy.