Is this normal

Options
Weighed this morning and I’ve put on 0.2lbs and am back to the weight I was 8 days ago.

My diary is set to 1.5lb loss and I generally eat 25-50% of calories back. However I have lost 7lbs in the 3 weeks before this hiccup.

Is it just my body balancing out the rapid weight loss earlier?

Is there anything I can do to ensure I lose next week? I’m still weighing and measuring everything I consume accurately and sticking to my calories.

Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Totally normal.

• motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    My scales are only really readable in 2lb increments - they are some advantages in being old and having ancient stuff - no stressing the small stuff ;):D:D:D - does mean that currently I have to wait around 2 weeks to notice any scale movements.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Unless you have been eating above maintenance over the last week then it is fluid retention.

Is your period due in the next few days?
    Have you increased your salt intake over the last few days?
    Have you increased your amount of exercise over the last few days?

These are just 3 of common reasons why your weight can temporarily increase as a result of fluid retention. As it is only water then it will settle soon.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    weight loss is not linear. its the overall trend you want to look at, not specific moments in time.

85d7qqjjogy8.jpg
  • alicia163425
    alicia163425 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yes. I can fluctuate as much as 2 pounds some days but I can usually identify why. It’s either I ate something packed with sodium the day prior, I didn’t drink enough water, or it’s a cycle thing. Don’t be discouraged!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Yup. It's a bumpy ride sometimes. My weight is exactly the same as Friday a week ago, but my trended weight is down half a pound. (CD1 is day one of my period - as you can see, it plays havoc with my weight but it's only water.)
    2oajt9oefg61.jpg
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Totally normal.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    That could be just a tiny bit more sodium, or a few more carbs, aka: water weight.
    Think long term.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Yes and it is water which is the main ingredient of your body. It is not "balancing out the rapid weight loss". Water just fluctuates as per your body needs any given moment. Your weight will go up and down and the water will mask your fat loss. The latter will be dificult to track clearly and will be obvious only after long periods of time (more than a month).

That said, note that your body needs that water so don't try to flush it out of your body just for the scale to show a lower number.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    7/4=1.75lbs in 4 weeks sounds like you are actually ahead of your plans.
  • jorichards2
    jorichards2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am ahead of my goal. But the demon bride to be head is talking I’ve got 14 weeks left and 14lbs to goal!!

Checked my body measurements which I usually only do once a month and since last week I’ve approx 2cm each off my thighs, calves, hips, upper arms and underbust. The only measurement to stay the same was my waist and stomach which was the first area to shrink.

Maybe it’s muscle from all the cycling and weights x
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    It's not muscle. But it is normal, so don't worry. You're doing great!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I am ahead of my goal. But the demon bride to be head is talking I’ve got 14 weeks left and 14lbs to goal!!

Checked my body measurements which I usually only do once a month and since last week I’ve approx 2cm each off my thighs, calves, hips, upper arms and underbust. The only measurement to stay the same was my waist and stomach which was the first area to shrink.

Maybe it’s muscle from all the cycling and weights x

It's completely unrealistic to safely lose the last 14 pounds in 14 weeks. It can take a year for those stubborn last few pounds to finally come off. Also, the stress of the upcoming wedding can cause you to retain water, and the scale continues to not go down, which leads to more stress, which leads to more water retention.

Are you exercising? This can help with stress management, and make you feel better, even if the scale isn't moving as fast as you'd like. Did you take Before measurements?