Low fat milk @ Greek yogurt DAILY

Hey guys

So I am trying to achieve to protein goal which is around 160g but at the same time I don't want to miss up other things. Is it okey if I drink 2 litre of low fat milk plus 360 gram of Greek yogurt. I know it feels like a lot of diary but It help me achieve my protein goal because they worth about 108 grams of protein.

Any thoughts ?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    What are your stats? Where did you get that protein goal?
  • ameeramy
    ameeramy Posts: 6 Member
    Well I am a 24 years old male weighing currently 88 kg I lost about 28 kg so far yeah and height is 175cm. My goal is to lose some weight and gain some muscle.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    I would imagine that there are other sources of protein in your diet besides milk and Greek yogurt. I try to get 2-3 servings of dairy each day. Lean meat and nuts are other sources for me.

I actually don’t like the texture of Greek yogurt by itself but have recently started incorporating it into recipes to boost the protein. I made a delicious lunch yesterday with boneless chicken covered with a sauce of Greek yogurt mixed with Parmesan cheese, garlic and Italian seasoning.
  • ameeramy
    ameeramy Posts: 6 Member
    Yeah you are probably right but diary is an easy source not to mention tuna too.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    "Easy" doesn't just mean "not having to think", it also means "practical, enjoyable". This isn't to say that you have to think about what to eat a lot and all the time - you can think, get a general idea, and eat. Find out what foods contain protein. All meats, fish, seafood, eggs, and dairy like milk, cheese and yogurt, are rich sources. Beans and grains and seeds and nuts can provide plenty protein too, if you eat enough of them. Then think about what you like to eat. Chances are you like a lot of things. This is good, because a varied diet is also a balanced diet. Compose your meals so that they contain some different foods. Pick and choose and adjust portions - a balanced meal is an appealing meal. Pick different foods for different meals. Change it up after some time. Try new things if you want to.