How to lose the last 3 inches on lower abs

Options
2»

Replies

• born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Keep cutting! It will get harder and harder but it will eventually go away!
  • terrance250
    terrance250 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    As has already been stated you can't spot reduce. Just keep losing and eventually they'll show up. As far as specific exercises to build abs, there's a bazillion. I prefer weighted sit ups, and general compound body lifts (heavy squats, deadlifts, etc.). Obviously the larger your abdominal muscles are the sooner they show up. The down side is it's hard to build muscle while eating a caloric deficit. It's slightly different for all people, but males generally have to achieve a pretty low bf% to "see" abs. Not sure about females.
  • AdrianBry
    AdrianBry Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind sharing what is your current weight and height or message it to me here on MFP or FB but basically...

you'll need to eat less and/or ramp up your workout.

1. go to a 1200-to-1600 range
    2. add more intervals or HIIT (follow the rules at nowloss.com/8)
    3. try IF (intermittent fasting) - I do it myself and been doing it for years without even knowing it.
    4. workout while in a fasted state to burn fat faster. (basically workout first thing in the morning before breakfast or before you BREAK-YOUR-16+ hour fast
    5. if you want a guide on IF then contact me and I'll send you my free guide but lastly...

the last few pounds and/or inches TAKE TIME so you may lose 10 pounds your first week whereas it may take up to 6-to-8 weeks to lose last 10
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I have to get really low bf% to get mine as flat as I really like, and it's not worth it to me. I lose my boobs and parts of my hips that I like before that last spot comes off! It comes off after my watch gets too big, seriously :D

Oh, well. As long as my lower belly looks 'reasonable' to me, I'm doing well. That's much more realistic for my particular body. YMMV :)