Any women out there over 40 with the metabolism of a speeding sloth?

Options
2»

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    :) Just an awareness note :)

The OP aroura1borealis hasn't checked into the forums since 22 June, 5 days after she made this post.

Don't let this deter you if you wish to talk about being in your 40's, menopause, or metabolism, or disabilities/illnesses, just know that she isn't listening.

Cheers, h.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi there,

Would like to connect with anyone who has been able to make progress with their weight loss despite being over 40 and despite a slow metabolism.

And feel free to add me as a friend! :)

I know how you feel ,I have lost 45 lbs in the last 5 years but gained back like 10. Im 44 and have several health issues. most BMR calculators tell me my BMR is 1400-1500,its not after a few years of data its 1272 calories. I lose very slowly eating 1500 or less even though I can burn over 2300+ a day.when I mean slow I mean less than a lb a month. no joke. Ive had all kinds of blood tests and so on and there is nothing that comes up that answers why its so slow. I have no thyroid issues or anything that should slow it down that much. I also never dieted either before so its not from that.Im told I should maintain on 2300 or more and with my TDEE being 2300+ you would think I would lose eating more than 1000 calories less. Nope doesnt happen that way for me. Im maintaining at 1900-2000 calories and thats around 1500-1600 net most days.

I know people will say oh you have to have something showing up in blood work. or you arent weighing everything or blah blah blah. nope I weigh everything on a food scale and with what Im burning in a day I still should lose at least half a lb a week. I have 40lbs to go and I cant eat less than 1300 or Im so hungry its not funny. even my hormones are in the normal ranges. I have had many other tests run and all come back normal.

so yeah my loss is at a snails pace. I even had a friend suggest eating 1500 calories a day and not eat back exercise calories. Ive done that and still nothing.I cant get my TDEE/BMR tested because no where around me does it and I couldnt afford it if they did. I am however losing fat right now so I cant complain too much.But it does get frustrating so I gave up trying to lose weight. Im staying in a range where my body is maintaining my weight.