Need Advice-please help!!

Options
Robben28
Robben28 Posts: 5 Member
Hi! I am new to MFP, I’ve been on it for about 3 weeks and have only lost 2 pounds so far. I’m 5’7 and weigh 151, I excercise everyday running 3 miles or walking 3 miles eating 1200-1400 cals a day. I’m curious to know if progress on MFP is very slow going when it comes to losing the weight?

Replies

• funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Two pounds in 3 weeks is about right for your height and weight. Slow and steady is the way to go when you're already considered within a healthy weight range.

What is your goal weight?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    It's slow going when you don't have a lot to lose. You'll need patience.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You're at a healthy weight already so .5-1 pound a week is right where you should be
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    As others have said the closer you are to your goal weight the slower it will be. Also if you've lost 2lbs in 3 weeks that's .66 of lb a week which is pretty good as you half a lb to 1lb a week is where you should be. Your right in the middle. When I was my heaviest 320lbs I could drop 10 lbs in a week, it was interesting to watch the amount lost per week get smaller and smaller as my weight went down. When I was 10lbs from my goal weight of 190lbs it took forever to lose the last 10lbs. I eventually got to my goal and about another 5lbs past my goal just by being persistent.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!