Low Cal Banana Recipes?

Options
thendrick
thendrick Posts: 102 Member
I have a bunch of ripe bananas to use up. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Halloweenmom2
    Options
    Sometimes when I get a sweet craving, I slice them up, smash them and make some sort of "Jelly" with it, I don't add anything since they are already sweet, but I just place the puree on top of a slice of Whole Grain bread, either toasted or not, and it tastes soooo good! Like a healthy piece of cake! :)

Also, a shake would do good, every morning? Slushee? Or maybe ice the shake and make little ice cream snacks? Mix it with other fruits!

I personally love my oatmeal mixed with ripe banana in the mornings!!!

I didn't expect to love bananas - I used to hate them! Good Luck!!!
  • ruggie
    ruggie Posts: 26
    Options
    Peel them. Freeze them. Use them in smoothies. Makes a smoothie more like a cold shake!!! Yum!!!!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Low Fat Banana Bread

This bread has a moist texture. Should form a crack down the center as it bakes--a sign the baking soda is working.

2 cups all-purpose flour
    3/4 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup sugar
    1/4 cup butter, softened
    2 large eggs
    1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
    1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350°.
    Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.

Place sugar and butter in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute). Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana, yogurt, and vanilla; beat until blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist. Spoon batter into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.

Yield: 1 loaf, 14 servings (serving size: 1 slice)

CALORIES 187 (21% from fat); FAT 4.3g (sat 2.4g,mono 1.2g,poly 0.3g); IRON 1mg; CHOLESTEROL 40mg; CALCIUM 20mg; CARBOHYDRATE 34.4g; SODIUM 198mg; PROTEIN 3.3g; FIBER 1.1g
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    Banana nut bread or muffins!
  • anderson8480
    Options
    There is a recipe called one ingredient ice cream and all you do it peel the bananas, slice and freeze. Then you put them in a blender or food processor untiil creamy. It is soooo yummy. My sister made it last week and put a lil peanut butter in it, and it was amazing. This is the site she got it from:
    http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/stay-cool/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-with-just-one-ingredient-093414
    ENJOY!
  • jillcwhite
    jillcwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I do all of the above - freeze for smoothies, make muffins but I also smash and put into pancake batter (the whole family love it & it makes pancake healthier)
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I just posted a recipe for banana bread!

See: my easy & healthy banana bread