Help!!

Options
So have lost 40lbs so far! Every week I would weigh in and would lose anywhere from 1-5 lbs or so! The last two weeks I have not lost anything!! This is when I normally say well forget it. I don’t want to but come in

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! Sometimes you will have a week, or two or even three where you don't lose anything...that's normal, it's not carved in stone that you will lose every week. Be patient, track accurately and the scale will start moving again. Whatever you do, don't give up!!
  • TheBigDog29
    TheBigDog29 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Be patient. Most lose a lot fast then slow down. Some of it is water and some of it is just body’s way of adjusting. I plateaued for a month until I tweaked my diet. Now I’m under 180 and about 8 pounds from goal weight. Don’t give up
  • rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I had a nice steady loss for my first 3 months/30lbs and now i woosh. Nothing for a week/week and a half and then 1-2lbs down overnight.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear, you're not going to see the scale move every week, some weeks it might even go up. As others have said, your rate of loss will also slow as you get lighter. For the last 10-20 lbs you will probably be losing at @ 0.5lbs per week.

If you're going to quit any time you don't lose for a couple of weeks, you are never going to reach your goal, and for no good reason at that. Patience.
  • peggym4640
    peggym4640 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Stay the course, it will drop.
  • Beast_07
    Beast_07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You could try exercise routine if you don’t have one yet that will get you past a plateau or you could even ramp up your calorie intake for a few days three or four and then drop back down to your current weight loss cal intake this keeps your metabolism guessing and it won’t put your body into a starvation mode. Everyone will hit a plateau it is inevitable for everyone there is no way to get around it only a few tricks that may work to get you past them faster
  • Beast_07
    Beast_07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds counterintuative to eat more food to get past a weight loss plateau but it has actually worked for me several times in my lifetime