negative calorie adjustment

Options
emilyhultin
emilyhultin Posts: 38 Member
so i turned on negative calorie adjustment because i wear my garmin most of the day and i’m slightly confused as to what that means. can someone explain?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If you move *less* than what MFP would have estimated for your activity level, MFP will subtract calories from your total goal.

So if you tell MFP you're "lightly active," but spend a particular day sitting on the couch, it will adjust your calorie goal so that you don't accidentally consume too much that day.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    so i turned on negative calorie adjustment because i wear my garmin most of the day and i’m slightly confused as to what that means. can someone explain?

You will get a negative calorie adjustment if your actual activity per your garmin is lower than the activity level you set in MFP. The higher you have your activity level set in MFP, the higher your calorie allowance is going to be...when your garmin syncs up and you've been less active it pulls the calories down with negative adjustments because you're less active than stated.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    It also compares the total expenditure from MFP to the total expenditure as determined by Garmin - so if you logged any exercise separately on MFP, a negative adjustment will be likely. It may also happen if you logged an activity within Garmin that wasn't a step-type-based activity (such as cycling versus walking/running).