Motivation

Options
I really struggle to keep my focus over the weekends what do you guys do to keep yourselves motivated?

Replies

• dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Set a higher food goal on the weekends so it doesn’t feel punishing. I find other things to do/think about other than food.

I’m also super lazy on the weekends so I have a tendency to eat only one meal and all my calories at once because I laze around the house and drink coffee. XD

Just track and give yourself more calories if you find yourself slipping. You can do it!!
  • tpspiege
    tpspiege Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Use the free time to move... if the gym isn't your thing then walk, bike, clean the house/garage, yard work... whatever keeps you moving. This will help your CICO for the day as you burn some calories while keeping you out of the kitchen.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of fun activities so you avoid boredom eating. Swim, walk, bike, run, visit a park, visit local sites of interest (every town has stuff to visit that most of the residents don't know ablout, clean house, garden - anything to keep you out of the house and off the sofa.
  • BecMarty14
    BecMarty14 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I increase my calorie goal on the weekend also.
    Maybe take up a hobby or try out something new.
    This coming Saturday I'm volunteering at an event with the Red Cross.
    It seems like there are frequently community events on the weekends.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I allow myself to eat more on the weekends usually. I figure if I try not to I'm going to fail so I compensate with extra exercise. I started to look at exercise as a hobby, one I actually liked. So when I get free time, you can bet I'll be exercising if possible. Weekends are free for me usually so I spend that time in the park running and walking. During the week I work out at home (bodyweight and free weights, short runs, etc.) before work in the early mornings three days a week. So Saturdays are almost always (depending on weather) spent in the park walking or running or a combination of the two. Sundays are a rest day for me, but I find myself walking in the park more often than not. The extra calorie burns on the weekend allow me to eat much more and I stay happy with things that way.