Disabled

Options
Hi my name is Zena. I am 55 and have a multiple amount of symptoms including rheumatoid arthritis, Cauter Equina syndrome, which means I am numb down the lower right side across my central core and partly down my lower left side. I have also lost the use of my right arm due to an abscess bursting internally. It meant days in hdu for 10 days under life and death conditions.

I am bound fir the majority of the day to a wheelchair. But can now walk very short distances. Hence the low excersise points.

I would like some to befriend me so I can see how you are doing and what works for you.

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Replies

• vaskaxtumir
    vaskaxtumir Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Zena, my name is Vaska, I'm 61 and I'm also disabled: severe fibromyalgia, two full hip replacement surgeries due to osteoarthritis, a slew of spinal issues mainly caused by osteo. I used a walker for 3 years and a cane for 4 years but am now fully mobile again (yay!).

As for what works for me, since I'm extremely carb sensitive and insulin resistant, I've had to adopt a ketogenic diet (am currently at 30 g total carbs). And because I also have thyroid problems and am on medication for that, my weight loss is excruciatingly slow, with more "plateaus" than periods when I'm actually losing any weight. I'm about to go on a long vacation to see friends and family in Europe and am concerned about how and if I will be able to maintain my way of eating while there.

Best wishes :-)
  • silverfoxzw
    silverfoxzw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Your an inspiration. I hope your trip goes well. Which I am sure it will. :) whereabouts are you going.