Teacher summer starter

Options
I’m a teacher and a mom. During the school year, I take care of everyone else, and I let myself fall to last place. Summer break has started, and I want to take better care of myself.

I need to get motivated and get moving!

Replies

• Jaceface27
    Jaceface27 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat! I'm looking to add other teachers to help support one another. You got this!
  • BridgetPrzy
    BridgetPrzy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm a new teacher myself!! Just started my summer a couple weeks ago and have been going to the YMCA every day and eating well. I'd love more teacher friends!! Feel free to add me! I'm on MFP a lot and leave comments :smile:
  • amandabaker31945
    amandabaker31945 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was an eating disaster. Today will be better! (I hope.)
  • swanfam4
    swanfam4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Same here! Please add me as a friend! What grade/subject do y’all teach?
  • szymanskicolleen
    szymanskicolleen Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Language Arts Teacher, mom of 4, I go to the Y before school at 5am, so happy to sleep in this summer!
    Does anyone know how we can start a teacher group?
  • MellyMel377
    MellyMel377 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Same here! I'm a para educator and feel the same way. I am taking care of one of my students this summer, and have a 16 year old that I am raising myself. I definitely need to work out taking care of myself.
  • ammanyc
    ammanyc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am an educator as well. I’d like to return to a healthy lifestyle while off this summer. I am a vegetarian, and will begin a Keto diet. I have about 70 lbs to lose.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Motivation is just your desire for a result and your drive to pursue it. Wishing and hoping without a strategy is just a dream. So I suggest you figure out exactly what it is you want to achieve, why, and make a plan that you can stick to, in which your actions will lead to that result.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Language Arts Teacher, mom of 4, I go to the Y before school at 5am, so happy to sleep in this summer!

I made one, in case anyone wants to join!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/127353-education-professionals
  • szymanskicolleen
    szymanskicolleen Posts: 29 Member
    Options

I made one, in case anyone wants to join!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/127353-education-professionals
    I responded to the question but I’m not sure it went through. Thanks for setting up the group!
  • garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I’m a teacher. Summer is when I get to really enjoy my bike. I get up early still, but get on my bike and put in 15-20-25 miles. Then shower, eat breakfast and prop my feet up for a bit. As someone said earlier, I get to spend a little more time thinking about me and what’s good for me.