How often do you weigh yourself? I'm quite new here and looking for more fitness buddies!

Options
How often do you weigh yourself? I'm still quite new here and looking for more fitness buddies for motivation. I don't know how to add friends, feel free to add me! :)

Replies

• Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I weigh (almost) daily as I use a tracker app but I tend to update on here every couple of weeks.
    I like to see the daily results for trends and as I'm starting to understand the fluctuations I find it interesting but it isn't for everybody.
    Friend request sent :smile:
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. I find it helps keep me on track and also helps me to see natural fluctuations. Sometimes I'm up a pound or two for seemingly no reason, and then it just goes back down the next day. If I were only weighing once per week and happened to weigh in on a higher day, I'd get too discouraged and think I wasn't losing. I only track my weight once a week on here, though.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. I find it helps keep me on track and also helps me to see natural fluctuations. Sometimes I'm up a pound or two for seemingly no reason, and then it just goes back down the next day. If I were only weighing once per week and happened to weigh in on a higher day, I'd get too discouraged and think I wasn't losing. I only track my weight once a week on here, though.

I had that this week, I get weighed at a fitness class and was showing a 1lb loss but when I look at my stats it should have been more, as it was evening I knew I'd had pizza the day before and not enough water throughout the day.
    For my daily weigh it's always around 7am, which is about 15 mins after I've got up and wandered around a bit - and gone to the loo of course!
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I usually do it daily but actually only record every Monday.
  • pattyhouse1970
    pattyhouse1970 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. My family thinks I'm nuts. I also like to keep an eye on the fluctuations. I tell them that if I didn't weigh everyday, I would miss the one day I weighed the least. Now they really think I'm nuts.

I put my scales in the same exact place when I weigh. The flooring we have looks like squares so that makes it easy. I weigh not long after I get up and use the restroom. Always before I eat and with as little on as possible without flashing the neighbors. lol! (not that they are up at 4:45 am when I'm weighing.
  • TheBigDog29
    TheBigDog29 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I weigh daily and track it. I used to do once a week but now it’s daily so I can keep more accountable
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly, so I don't become obsessed with the number on the scale. Must be working so far because even at time of the month I am trending downwards at the rate I set as my goal
  • chanzillaa
    chanzillaa Posts: 15 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Welcome! :) I try to refrain from weighing daily, as I feel I could begin to become obsessed with the number. Instead, I try and weigh weekly. Happy to add you!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Logging Aria WiFi scale so I weigh once in the morning and the logging is automatic.
  • imgritz
    imgritz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My CrossFit coach weighs and measures me once a month. He says that’s what is necessary. Now, I have one of those weight / body fat / water percentage tracking scales (Amazon $30). I weigh myself daily just like I log daily because these habits work for me.
  • angelay2000
    angelay2000 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every morning and record it on a paper chart and update in the app once a month. I know my progress very well by now since I don't eat much of any fat or high sugar food. During the week, I can loss 2 lbs and then gain it back on the weekend when there's eating events and try to only eat haft portion.
  • 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning (If I remember) and log it in a separate app. I only log new lows in MFP. It's actually comforting for me because I know what is water weight and what isn't haha
  • roderick2464
    roderick2464 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning cause you weigh less do to loss of water weight from respiration if 300 like me it could be as much as 2-4 pnds not kidding. thogh I do have vary large lungs from what the x-rray texs always tell me its why I make my app to mt dietitian early as I can lol hope that helps .just remember a pints a pound the world around a pint water 1pnd[/quote] dad always told me there's three kinds of ppl in life ppl that can count and ppl that cant. ]😀
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Every single day and sometimes 2 x a day lol. I have a problem!
  • iRyanS
    iRyanS Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh in once or twice a week. Mainly on Sundays.

I do this in the morning after using the bathroom to be as accurate as I can
  • samiam1091
    samiam1091 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself 1-2 times a week. First thing in the morning before I eat. I don't move my scale either. I try to be as accurate as I can. I also try not to obsess over the number on the scale because it can fluctuate so much. I actually measure my body once a week to really track my progress. I measure my neck, chest, waist, hips, thighs, calves and arms.
  • jbauer0010
    jbauer0010 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't unless I go to the doctor or am bored in publix waiting for the pharmacy to open. I judge my progress by my mirror and clothes. I find i stay more motivated by needing smaller pants than a number.
  • samiam1091
    samiam1091 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    samiam1091 wrote: »
    I weigh myself 1-2 times a week. First thing in the morning before I eat. I don't move my scale either. I try to be as accurate as I can. I also try not to obsess over the number on the scale because it can fluctuate so much. I actually measure my body once a week to really track my progress. I measure my neck, chest, waist, hips, thighs, calves and arms.

I agree wholeheartedly, although I take progress pics... tape measures can be a bit of a pain too, I think.

I have always had issues looking at myself and seeing progress. When I used to weigh 115 lbs I would look in the mirror and still see myself as if I was 170 lbs so I use measurements and clothing to really show me the change I'm making. It's probably so much easier to take a picture and see progress.
  • mamasara2
    mamasara2 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am such a chicken when it comes to weigh ins! It's like a superstition thing- crops my fingers, salt over the shoulder, avoid night time weigh ins like the plague, deep breath, no open umbrellas in the house, fingers crossed, hope the number on the scale drops. 😂

I try not to weigh in every day, but do sometimes.
  • mamasara2
    mamasara2 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Samiam1091- good point- I have trouble seeing myself for how I really am. Measurements are a great idea!