Whats the most weight you lost in a week ? :)

Options

Replies

• T_ThomasXOXO
    Options
    That's good!
  • CubanSammich
    Options
    Dropped 6lbs this week. When Im training hard, and hone in on my macro's this is normal for me.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    3.6lbs one week

Keep in mind:
    I still have at least 45lbs to lose.
    Some weeks I lose nothing.
    Some weeks I lose less than 1 lb.
    As of my last weigh in, I average 1.94lbs lost per week.
    I only aim for 1lb per week loss.

2lbs in a week is great and definitely nothing to be sad about. Keep in mind the closer you are to your goal, the harder it is to get weight off. Although if that's you in your profile picture, you don't look like you actually need to lose any weight.
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Largest was like 5 pounds of fat for me when I first started. Then for few moths it was 1 - 2 lbs, what is kinda an averadge for most people. Now I don't looking to lose quaite yet, wanna build some muscle. Like 3 weeks ago lost like 2 pounds and I was like "wtf, I'm in caloric surplus," pobably was just water, I get it. But still annoying. Funny that few months ago I got annoyed by gaining when I was in deficit, now vice versa, hehehe. :D
  • D_Ryback
    D_Ryback Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    7 last week , but it was my first week on mfp. Just shows bow well it works to be accountable for everything I put in my mouth. And j upped my exercise .now I am doing something active every day. But I am only expecting 3lbs this next week (I know still good) .I have at least 50 more to go
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    3 lbs, the week I cut out grains.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    4.6 lbs first week of a low carb diet - and yes it was water weight.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    first week was 4 pounds, prob shocked my system. after that no more than 2 pounds. has been mostly 1 pounds
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I lost 8 the first week And 6 this last week. I expect around the same this week And since yesterday the scale has already dropped three pounds. but I have 100 to go. water weight the first week I'm sure. but I've been moving my *kitten* and staying under my calorie goal. drinking lots of water. I'm working hard for these results.
  • NanoBear
    NanoBear Posts: 67
    Options
    Somewhere up around 12 lbs. When I first started I had about 110 to lose, and went onto a bit of a crash diet for the first 4 weeks.
  • BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Not water weight? 4lbs. No sugars, low carb and no alcohol. :glasses: But on average 2 to 3lbs per week since I got serious in March.
  • valleymum
    valleymum Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    5.6 lbs my first week counting calories and exercising...prob water weight :)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    4 pounds. The very first week I started.

Since then I average .05 to 1 pound, when I'm losing. I have a lot of plateau weeks lately too.
  • MiracleMaterialGirl
    Options
    I actually lost 11 lbs in one week. :)
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    6.8lbs.... thats because I had my wisdom teeth out and I couldn't eat basically anything and all I did was sleep and eat like jello and stuff like that.

besides that I think about 3lbs?
  • jomhendo
    Options
    I lost 13lbs in my first week of doing the Cambridge plan, but I am VERY big, in all I lost 2 1/2 stone in 3months , then put it all back on with an added stone ! Am losing weight slowly and steadily now with the 5:2 diet the only diet somewhere I feel I can actually see myself doing this for the rest of my life. :)
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    About 4lbs, but I was ill and it wasn't worth it!

2lbs is an awesome week for me.
  • Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I lose 7.2lbs last week!

Although the week before I had gained about 4lbs. I had done a very long difficult trek for charity and my muscles were so so sore, literally just hurt when I walked. I think the gain was probably water retention so the big loss was when my muscles had stopped hurting and no longer retaining water.

Most very big losses are related to water as I don't know if it's actually physically possible to lose 10, 12, 14 etc lbs of fat in one week. I'm not saying it like it's a bad thing as losing retained water can help you feel less bloated. I know when I do low carb and have a big water weight loss at the start my face immediately looks less puffy. But it's not fat loss (well maybe 1lb or so of it is)
  • jackieh5077
    Options
    The most I've ever lost in one week was 13lb, but that was on week 1 of a keto plan so very extreme.
  • skinnymalinkyscot
    skinnymalinkyscot Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    First week ever I lost zero, but in week 2 I lost 7lb, more reassuringly in week 3, I lost 3lbs. Im very happy with a 3lb loss considering my TDEE is 1800 and my age is 53
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!