Is this okay

Options

Replies

• jfcarlson713
    jfcarlson713 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    7am weekdays - 9am weekends. We live in a cul-de-sac and have agreed on these times. Seems to work for everyone.
  • jfcarlson713
    jfcarlson713 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    7am weekdays - 9am weekends. We live in a cul-de-sac and have agreed on these times. Seems to work for everyone.
  • Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    It's cool... I was out at 5:30 AM using my chainsaw. I just came in from cutting up half a tree that fell across my driveway overnight. The worst part about it? It was my f'ing neighbor's tree.

To be fair you had a chainsaw in your hands.... no one is gonna come and complain to you lol.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Most neighborhoods have noise ordinances until 8 or 9 am (could be different over the weekends). You should check your community's noise rules and hours.
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Mowing lawn at 6am? I mean it's Wednesday not like Saturday morning or something..i go to gym at 4 am usually so thinking about doing it right after. most people should be awake anyways rite?

sure...as long as you mow mine while you're at it!!
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    My next-door neighbor mows his lawn about 6A.M. as well, and since I'm already up, it doesn't bother me, and I honestly don't think I'd hear it if I were still asleep, only because his house is on the opposite side of my bedroom. I do find it odd that he is doing it so early, but maybe it's the only time he can get to it. At least he's taking care of his property!
  • chancock6
    Options
    I'd have to kill you. :)
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Sure if you have a good lawn mower but wet grass makes a mower have to work much harder.
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I don't see why not. I'm awake then anyway so it wouldn't bother me, plus I'd be doing the Call Me Maybe thing. :glasses:

but hey i just met you
  • sub10orbust
    Options
    I'd have to kill you. :)

even if i moved urs ? ;)
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mf11ufPsNK1s0t5z0o1_500.jpg
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    most towns/neighborhoods have a noise ordnance until 8am or so... so I would say it's probably not ok with all your neighbors... :ohwell:
  • sub10orbust
    Options
    tumblr_mf11ufPsNK1s0t5z0o1_500.jpg

lol
  • sub10orbust
    Options
    most towns/neighborhoods have a noise ordnance until 8am or so... so I would say it's probably not ok with all your neighbors... :ohwell:

not here.. i think im just gonna do it on sundays at 7 or something from now on
  • sub10orbust
    Options
    Sure if you have a good lawn mower but wet grass makes a mower have to work much harder.

nah its just regular one , dont understand why anyone coud get upset, most people should be up at 6 anyways amirite?
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Pay some kid $10 to mow the lawn during the day
  • rob32768
    rob32768 Posts: 505
    Options

nah its just regular one , dont understand why anyone coud get upset, most people should be up at 6 anyways amirite?

That's about as right as being sandwiched between
    A garage rock band, and a biker gang, and folks who thing gas leaf blowers are toys and use them
    For everything including car drying and light snow removal.
    And having small kids who need naps.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'd be more conservative and say wait until 9 am even on the weekends--that's a pretty reasonable time to assume that your neighbors are awake or at least haven't just gone to bed (for example, I sometimes go to bed at 4:30 AM due to working late, coming home late after hanging out with friends, video game marathons, etc lol).

I was raised in a household where it was rude to bother people and you couldn't call someone before 11 AM or knock on their door before noon because you may interrupt their morning routine so I may be a bit more neighbor sensitive than others and as a result get butthurt easier about what I consider to be rude behavior.
  • sub10orbust
    Options

That's about as right as being sandwiched between
    A garage rock band, and a biker gang, and folks who thing gas leaf blowers are toys and use them
    For everything including car drying and light snow removal.
    And having small kids who need naps.

whatt......
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5 so it wouldn't bother me.