Seriously I'm so confused!

I'm so confused as to how many calories I should be eating and burning
From exercise a day and the whole calories deficit thing. I'm 5'6 n 356 lbs and
I'm really tryna to lose about 2 lbs a week. I thought that would be reasonable
At my weight but I'm seeing all kinda of different suggestions but its just confusing me.
Is 1500 to low to eat and work out or should I be eatting more like 1900 and burning
500 cals in exercise?

Replies

• JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    you dont have to burn any calories through exercise necesarily, just ensure that your deficit is being reached. wether you do that with eating or exercise is up to you.

at your weight 1900 calories is a very low amount of calories, I should imagine your maintenance is over 3000 calories. However it is perfectly fine to loose 2 pounds a week and so aiming for a 1000 calorie deficit each day is the way to go. However I highly doubt your maintenance is 2500 and so 1900 should be the way to go.

Have you tried to calculate your TDEE? I used a calculator on your height and weight and if you are sedentary your maintenance is around 2900. So 1900 calories should be a good way to go!
  • m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Any movement is good movement too. Just don't hurt yourself. Just TRY to move more when and where you can.

But it is hard on the back and the knees to carry around an extra person by accident. I speak from experience. Don't push it. Listen to your body. It will tell you BEFORE you've had enough.

You will work wonders for yourself with a combination of a modest calorie deficit, AND just a little bit of mindful movement each day. (don't call it exercise--exercise sucks) A walk to the store, or just pacing a hallway--it doesn't matter. Do something. Then build on your success the next day by doing something more.

Make good food choices and drink your water--YOU WILL BE ACES!

And above all, be patient with yourself. Two pounds a week is super goal rate.

Good luck.