Where do you lose weight first?

Options
I just wanted to ask this to see if it was normal. I find the places I gain weight first (stomach, thighs, etc) seem to be one of the last places I notice any shrinkage. For example, my face, back, and arms are pretty toned to a point I would say I see results, but my stomach and thighs seem to go slow as all hell. Is this just because I'm a woman, or genetics blah blah, or does anybody have this also happen to them?

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    My stomach is the last place that I lose weight from. Usually lose it first from my legs and my face.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Normal: there isn't. Wherever our bodies decide to put fat or remove it is where it happens. We don't have a choice.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Sounds normal.

I lose weight from my stomach first, and it seems to be the last place I gain. My thighs and legs on the other hand are stubborn and they will hold on to fat for dear life.
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I lost weight in my face, neck and lower legs first. I can BARELY see results in my stomach yet
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    digidoomed wrote: »
    I just wanted to ask this to see if it was normal. I find the places I gain weight first (stomach, thighs, etc) seem to be one of the last places I notice any shrinkage. For example, my face, back, and arms are pretty toned to a point I would say I see results, but my stomach and thighs seem to go slow as all hell. Is this just because I'm a woman, or genetics blah blah, or does anybody have this also happen to them?

Primary fat stores are where fat is stored first...and yes, it's also the last off.
  • ashleyrebekah392
    ashleyrebekah392 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think I saw results in my stomach first. My legs are still holding onto it pretty good though. Pretty sure it's normal.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I lose the most around my chest and waist. My lower-belly and thighs are the last to go!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Sounds normal.

I lose weight from my stomach first, and it seems to be the last place I gain. My thighs and legs on the other hand are stubborn and they will hold on to fat for dear life.

I have the same pattern. My stomach is looking pretty good right now but my legs won't be "there" for at least 10 more lbs. My upper chest goes pretty soon too, collar bone sticks out like crazy.
  • _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_
    _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_ Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Boobs and belly. Thighs and butt are the last to lose.
  • andreascjonsson
    andreascjonsson Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I keep fat that is impossible to lose in a really wierd place wich is the sides of my lower back. Going from my butt up to my lower ribs. I also have some problems losing fat in my lower abdomen but i hear that is fairly common
  • bigjonb4116
    bigjonb4116 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    i lost mine from my back , neck and shoulders first,then ankles , belly is definately last, as thats where i had most to lose from.....
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    "boobs" now in quotations because they are quite small is where the fat falls off. Also my rib cage is quite lean, the rest of me not so much.

I don't mind the fat in butt and thighs it gives me some shape, it's just the annoying lower belly poof
  • skinnycow1234567
    skinnycow1234567 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Butt and legs first...Lower belly and love handles seem to stick around till the end.
  • krael65
    krael65 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    kballsocc wrote: »
    "boobs" now in quotations because they are quite small is where the fat falls off. Also my rib cage is quite lean, the rest of me not so much.

I don't mind the fat in butt and thighs it gives me some shape, it's just the annoying lower belly poof

You just described my situation. :D
  • viajera99
    viajera99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I lose from the top down. My face gets skinny first, my thighs never do! From the waist up right now I look like I'm about 25% body fat, from the waist down, it looks more like 30%.
  • crybaby1216
    crybaby1216 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I lose weight in my boobs and legs first stomach last.
  • sandlsales22
    sandlsales22 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Always my stomach first, closely followed by bum and face. My legs are the very last place I lose, if at all.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I too tend to lose weight in my trunk (waist, back, boobs) and neck first. Legs and arms are last.

This is a generalization. I lose everyone at once. It's just a bit faster in my trunk.