WoD advice

Options
I'm training for the Marine Corps 1/2 Marathon, using the ZenLabs training app for a sense of structure, while losing 45lbs. Twice a week it has me x-train, so I do a non-running Crossfit WOD, or kettlebell workout. My question is if I have a mobility or ROM issue that prevents me from doing the prescribed WOD, should I reduce the weight until I can do the movements or modify the workout to something I can do?

e.g. WOD: Nautical Nancy
5x for time:
400m row
15 overhead squats 95lbs

I don't have to mobility to do overhead squats at that weight, so I did shoulder squats.

Replies

• Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    DocSiphon wrote: »
    I'm training for the Marine Corps 1/2 Marathon, using the ZenLabs training app for a sense of structure, while losing 45lbs. Twice a week it has me x-train, so I do a non-running Crossfit WOD, or kettlebell workout. My question is if I have a mobility or ROM issue that prevents me from doing the prescribed WOD, should I reduce the weight until I can do the movements or modify the workout to something I can do?

e.g. WOD: Nautical Nancy
    5x for time:
    400m row
    15 overhead squats 95lbs

I don't have to mobility to do overhead squats at that weight, so I did shoulder squats.

Usually there are modifications written into the WOD that you could do. For Nautical Nancy, it's a PVC OHS. If you can't do that, I'd say the back squat would be fine. I have guys who can't do thrusters because of mobility, but are able to snatch so we sub that or if you can't do a HSPU then do decline pushups with feet on a box.

ETA If you have specific modification questions, feel free to message me.