tips for loosing water...?

Options
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any tips for loosing some excess water.

I go on holiday on Saturday morning and although I'm aware there is not much left I can do diet/exercise wise to change things before I go (I'm still carrying on with my diet and exercise routine), I could do with loosing some water I'm carrying and wondered if anyone had any tips.

Replies

• jimbob2010
    Options
    sounds weird i know but the best way to get rid of excess fliud retention is to drink more water it flushes your system x :smile:
  • BigLynxae
    BigLynxae Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    sounds weird i know but the best way to get rid of excess fliud retention is to drink more water it flushes your system x :smile:

I agree with this. Also, sometimes when you aren't drinking enough water, you body will try to hold on to what you have taken in to sustain itself over a period of time.

I have also heard that the amount of sodium that you consume has an affect on water weight, so keeping sodium consumption at a normal amount should help reduce bloating from water weight.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options

^ yep. You hold onto water when you are dehydrated. Drink up!!
  • ALLENFLO
    ALLENFLO Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This is not a safe way to do it... BUT You can take a water pill found in the diet section of your local supermarket. I think Dexatrim is one and another that I can't think of the name. Also, drinking orange juice ONLY for the day will flush water out of your system.

Once again, this is not safe or recommended but it answers your questions.

Good Luck
  • Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Drink more water and eat low carb. But if you eat carbs on holiday you'll probably gain that back lol.
  • charlotterobson198
    Options
    i need some help too i seem to have gained 4 pounds in 2 days out of nowhere!!!! i excercise 6 times a week, and stck to my calories 1310 and this has just seemed to appear yesterday when i weighed myself!!! feel like back to square one i have lost 19lbs in total and wanna do another 12 but its just so hard!!!!! xx
  • ALLENFLO
    ALLENFLO Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    i need some help too i seem to have gained 4 pounds in 2 days out of nowhere!!!! i excercise 6 times a week, and stck to my calories 1310 and this has just seemed to appear yesterday when i weighed myself!!! feel like back to square one i have lost 19lbs in total and wanna do another 12 but its just so hard!!!!! xx

You should make a new topic on this
  • xmel123x
    xmel123x Posts: 63
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I shall make sure I drink lots of water then. When we say LOTS of water, how much are we talking, 8 glasses? Or more?

Don't really want to go down the pill route but thanks for the advice.

I've also heard drinking lots of tea can help, is this true? I love tea so this wouldn't be a problem for me! Lol