Recovering from a disordered past.

I have a past with both anorexia and binge eating disorder, as well as childhood obesity. Although I thought I had recovered from anorexia, I've actually been eating uncontrollably like a ravenous beast for the past several months. I'm officially obese again (according to my BMI). I just want to eat well. I just was to eat normally. I just want to eat healthfully. I'd love to find friends in this community, especially in those who may be struggling in a situation similar to mine. I'll be keeping my diary open, no secrets. I urge anyone to add me, I'll be consistently enthusiastic about making to friends and becoming apart of this community.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Consistently enthusiastic = faking. Be you. If you is enthusiastic, make it a special thing. I do wish you all health and success.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited June 2018
    Sounds like your disordered past may not be as in the past as you'd like. :( Do you have access to professional help? It might be time to consider that if you haven't already.
  • ahmedabufoul
    ahmedabufoul Posts: 10 Member
    I'll support you
  • treysdaddy19
    treysdaddy19 Posts: 30 Member
    Very sorry to hear about your past. I'm glad you got over 1 issue now it's time to tackle the other! What is your current eating habbits? I know you said you're eating out of control but what are you eating and do you do any excersize?
  • Outnumbered222
    Outnumbered222 Posts: 6 Member
    I’ve been there. Repeatedly. Only I’ve struggled most of my life alternating between anorexia and bulimia. It takes a lot of courage to share what you’ve been through. I think I have finally reached the point of non-disordered eating and stayed here for about a year now....but that brought weight gain, so I’m also at a high point with my weight. Not the heaviest I’ve ever been. Just bigger than I want to be. I am wanting to lose a bit but stay healthy in the process. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • ellieebxx1
    ellieebxx1 Posts: 14 Member
    I've also had an eating disorder. How is your journey going so far ? Please do update! 💕

You can add me if you'd like, I'd love to make new friends and we could also support each other !
  • pilarslayer
    pilarslayer Posts: 234 Member
    im sorry for what you've had to go through and I hope you can see victory and continue to see victory over this. feel free to add me.