When does the pain go away?

Options
angelsja
angelsja Posts: 860 Member
So I've been exercising on and off for years since maybe 2015 but no matter what I do my legs are always so sore after especially my hips/glutes will this ever go away or is it something I've just got to live with?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    angelsja wrote: »
    So I've been exercising on and off for years since maybe 2015 but no matter what I do my legs are always so sore after especially my hips/glutes will this ever go away or is it something I've just got to live with?

are you stretching properly?

what workouts are you doing that make you sore? it could be the on/off nature that is causing the soreness. i get bad DOMS when i do a new workout, or something i haven't done for a few weeks, as soon as it becomes a regular exercise the DOMS stops.
  • roderick2464
    roderick2464 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Tindunies maybe not enough potassium alot things to muxh at one time Jacuzzi works for me if you got access to one
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    are you warming up before and stretching off after?
  • angelsja
    Options
    I stretch warm up and cool down before any exercise I get bad hip ache no matter what the exercise even if it's just long walks I get DOM's in my arms when I work them but it usually goes away or gets better the more I work them. I have been to the docs and got told it could be my siatic nerve? Also got referred to physio for weak back muscles after having my children but I was discharged as I improved
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I stretch warm up and cool down before any exercise I get bad hip ache no matter what the exercise even if it's just long walks I get DOM's in my arms when I work them but it usually goes away or gets better the more I work them. I have been to the docs and got told it could be my siatic nerve? Also got referred to physio for weak back muscles after having my children but I was discharged as I improved

If you're stretching before working out, you may be straining the muscles. dont stretch cold muscles.

have you kept up to your physio exercises since being discharged?
  • angelsja
    edited June 2018
    Options

If you're stretching before working out, you may be straining the muscles. dont stretch cold muscles.

Yes but the pain isn't in my back which is what I was having physio for its in.my hips/glutes the exercises I follow does a warm up then stretch then into the exercise then cool down
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Yes but the pain isn't in my back which is what I was having physio for its in.my hips/glutes the exercises I follow does a warm up then stretch then into the exercise then cool down

you may want a trip to your physio again to look at the glute/hip issue as it doesn't sound like normal soreness.
  • angelsja
    edited June 2018
    Options

you may want a trip to your physio again to look at the glute/hip issue as it doesn't sound like normal soreness.

The doc just said it's my sciatic nerve the pain is actually less during spring/summer when I can walk/exercise more in winter it's so tight and painful it keeps me up at night
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options

Agreed, when I had my back injury it caused my hip and knee muscles damage, so definitely worth seeing the physio again.
  • angelsja
    Options
    Ive had bad hips ever since I became a mum in 2009 and again in 2010 my mum & grandma have bad hips I went to the docs for my hips they basically just said it your sciatic nerve nothing we can do went about my back that's when they referred me to physio which helped I rarely get back pain now
  • TavistockToad
    Options

The doc just said it's my sciatic nerve the pain is actually less during spring/summer when I can walk/exercise more in winter it's so tight and painful it keeps me up at night

do you do stretches for your sciatic pain?
  • angelsja
    Options

do you do stretches for your sciatic pain?

I was never given any stretching specifically for that no but there are some that I find help like figure 4 stretch hip flexor stretch pidgeon pose
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    See this video from Egoscue (they have free videos for all kinds of muscle and tendon issues): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LNEjJkPHKM

You can also just Google "Egoscue videos for sciatica pain".
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    If your doctor is saying its "just" your sciatic nerve you might need a new doctor!! That is incredibly painful (I don't have to tell you) and there are ways to ease it! Mine was helped with a combo of seeing a chiropractor and a yogi who helped me with stretches.
    There are several youtube videos on workouts and stretches that could help.