Absolutely fed up I could cry

BigMamaLynsey
BigMamaLynsey Posts: 390 Member
edited June 2018 in Motivation and Support
I've been eating healthier or better for about 3 weeks now. 1st week I lost 4lbs, the next 2.. couple more but have regained that?? At first I was getting about 1100 cals so I started to up the cals as I thought u was under eating. So I eat around 1400 to 1500 now. I have literally remained the same for 10 days. Why?? I measure everything, I'm a little more active than normal. I am 100% eating at a deficit even when upping calories. I'm feeling depressed. The only good thing coming from this is I feel more active which is great so I'm happy to stick to it. Is there anything I can change to help? I've done this all before in the past and have lost weight steady. And no I'm not near my time of the month.

I weight 15st 2.3lbs (just over 200lbs I think)
5 ft 3 inches
28 female

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    If you're in a calorie deficit, you lose weight. Over time. Weigh-ins from week to week are easily masked by water weight fluctuations.
  • BigMamaLynsey
    I gained those 2lbs back though so it's technically 4lbs in 3 weeks. I was losing the weight better when I was eating less food. The only reason I upped them is because every one is saying I'm under eating. How do I get rid of my water weight then? I know one thing I'm terrible with us drinking..
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Give it time. Fluctuations happen. You could try using a weight trending app, like HappyScale, Libra, or TrendWeight. This is from here, but you can see the ups and downs, but you can also see the change over time.

q0e0k51dcxz8.png
  • BigMamaLynsey
    Think I had searched for happy scale but didn't see it. I'll try look for the other 2
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I gained those 2lbs back though so it's technically 4lbs in 3 weeks. I was losing the weight better when I was eating less food. The only reason I upped them is because every one is saying I'm under eating. How do I get rid of my water weight then? I know one thing I'm terrible with us drinking..

you cant get rid of water weight. just ensure you're adequately hydrated and you'll be fine.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member

Water weight comes and goes. It's not a bad thing. Just need to realize that fluctuations are not fat gain. 4lbs in 3 weeks is good. You could be not following the program and gaining instead. Think longer term, not just today and tomorrow, but next month and next year.
  • BigMamaLynsey
    I downloaded the libre app. A bit confusing but what does the trend stuff mean?
    Also should I keep eating As I am or should o lower the cal intake? It's at 1500 right now.
  • TavistockToad
    I downloaded the libre app. A bit confusing but what does the trend stuff mean?
    Also should I keep eating As I am or should o lower the cal intake? It's at 1500 right now.

1500 is fine, given your stats, you just need to be more patient.

i use Libra, what do you mean by 'trend stuff'?
  • BigMamaLynsey
    edited June 2018
    Ok so it says currently 212.3lbs then next to it says "trend 212.6lbs"
  • TavistockToad
    Ok so it says currently 112.3lbs then next to it says "trend 112.6lbs"

how many data points have you input so far?
  • BigMamaLynsey
    Is that the little red dots on the chart? Well if so I input my 2nd one.
  • TavistockToad
    Is that the little red dots on the chart? Well if so I input my 2nd one.

and were they both the same weight or was the second one more or less than the first?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    edited June 2018
    1lbs a week is fine. The issue is that you're looking for results too fast. As mentioned weight loss isn't linear and you could do the same eating, working out, rest, and enjoyment for 2 straight weeks and results would be different.
    Patience is what matters.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• BigMamaLynsey
    2nd one is lower
  • TavistockToad
    edited June 2018
    2nd one is lower

so presumably the first was higher than 212.6?
  • BigMamaLynsey
    I feel like this because in the past twice I have lost about 3lbs per week and I was at a lower weight. I did intermittent fasting and the other I ate 5/6 meals a day at a calorie deficit. This time i decided to just eat at a deficit no matter what food it is. And this time it's just feels really slow even being at my highest weight ever. That's why I feel so deflated because I did so well in the past. I guess I was just expecting the same results this time :(
  • BigMamaLynsey
    Do you guys believe I will lose the weight if I keep at what I'm doing?
  • BigMamaLynsey
    @TavistockToad first one is 216.3 2nd one is 212.3