What’s your “weird” exercise habit?

Options

Replies

• IamGilesB
    IamGilesB Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I sing my abc's when jumping rope.. In my head tho.. It'd just be wieerd out loud.. 😁
  • strshllw84
    strshllw84 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I do squats at the kitchen sink. Not sure why I started to but its usually at random times.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who say no to workout clothes at home. I wear sport bra and underwear, I don't do shoes unless I use my treadmill. I have to get a workout in in the morning or I just feel "off". Even in a hotel without a fitness room, I worked out in the room and ran around the parking lot. Thank goodness my friend is a heavy sleeper and doesn't care if I do a video while she sleeps! I take my laptop with me to do workout videos when not at home.
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    IamGilesB wrote: »
    I sing my abc's when jumping rope.. In my head tho.. It'd just be wieerd out loud.. 😁

Nah dude it would be way better if you sang em out loud! SANG IT OUT LOUD my friend.
  • adortiz1990
    adortiz1990 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love all these and I got lots of new ideas! Lol. For those that said they don’t have weird habits, everyone does. You just haven’t noticed yours yet. Lol.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    IamGilesB wrote: »

lol I do this too. But I'll sing it in English and French.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Every morning I do side leg lifts/squats and lunges while I floss and brush my teeth. It's my little warm up before I do my morning exercises.
  • adortiz1990
    adortiz1990 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Resistive wrote: »
    I do a modified burpee!

I come home, head to the couch and collapse. When I need to get up I roll myself off the couch, hit the floor then get up. Repeat!

That’s my type of burpee! Lol
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I check the gym population. If it's kinda crowded I leave and come back.

I also time my intervals by verbally setting a timer on my I-phone. If it messes it up and I have to do it again I'll often insult the phone.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Follow my structured program everyday. Every rep every set. Even If I'm dead after a 12 hour shift
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Another one I realized last night - When I'm running, I can't stop my run with an odd number, for example, I got to the end of my route last night and it was at 2.84, so I had to go .06 more to have 2.90. Sorry to the lady whose yard I randomly turned around at while she was working in the yard!
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I've thought of another one as well, I have to count during every workout. Even if I'm doing timed intervals I count each squat/burpee/pushup/etc. Even if I know it doesn't matter, or that I'll forget the number by the next round, I have to count.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I'm a lap swimmer 5 days a week at our community rec center.
    When I'm done with my work out I spend about 5 minutes swimming like a dolphin, pushing off the bottom on the pool to see how high I can get, floating on my back as I enjoy the peace and stillness and doing a couple of goofy water aerobics moves from high school days. Really just playing in the water like a kid.
    It took a few weeks for the weird looks from lifeguards and other swimmers to stop but I don't care, it's my favorite 5 minutes of my day and I ain't stopping.

Totally relate to this 😂 it's fun swimming goofy after swimming with structure and form for hours!
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I rock back and forth, heel to toe when waiting for something or in line. I rock back & lift my toes, forward and lift my heels. I've done this since I was a small child, I can say that I've always had great calf muscles.
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I’ll randomly count sets of 100 steps when I’m out for a walk.... not constantly, but I’ll often do this several times while walking.
    After a count of 100, I’ll go back to singing along to whatever track is playing through my earphones.
    Obviously all this happens in my head.... would hate to think of the looks I’d get otherwise!!! 😂
  • Arizona_C
    Arizona_C Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    I tighten my abs whenever Im in public transport.

I'll stand by a barre in the middle section of the bus or tramway, holding on with just the fingertips. Tighten my abs, then raise on tiptoe to work my balance at the same time
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I have a number of weird little habits.
    • I can't stand still -- in lines or talking to coworkers, I sway, shift, bounce on my toes.
    • I walk circles around my husband when we go on our walks. Not only does it get me frowns, but then he tries to grab me and I run away. Only to wait up for him and when I start tugging ahead (I walk way faster naturally than he does), the dance starts again. He laughs, I laugh.
    • I chicken dance when I walk sometimes -- My arms are jealous of my legs, getting all the workout, so they swing. Or flap or whatever. Or air punch because it makes me feel awesome.
    • I have a tendency to walk a few paces, jump a few paces, skip a few paces, walk a few paces... etc, etc.
    • I have the worlds smallest bladder, so I wait until the LAST possible moment to go, but before then I do the pee-pee dance for a good half hour before I finally rush off. But there's a lot of anxious dancing involved in the whole thing. XD
    • When I'm laying on my side watching TV, I hold my arm straight up. Sometimes it wobbles a little and my husband pushes my arm down and I'm like "whups" (usually because it'll block his view).
    • I have the leg jiggle and foot tapping and hairband-wrist-snapping going on too.

These are the ones I can think of consciously. I'm sure there's more. I'm pretty twitchy. XD

But. If I sit down and manage not to move, I'll fall asleep 9 times out of 10.