Have a Nokia scale, now what?

lorib642
lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
My husband got a Nokia Body scale through our insurance. He signed up for a health program but did not follow through. I hooked it up and linked it to my ipad. I did not link it to myfitnesspal because I weigh myself everyday but update weekly. So, all it does is keep track of my daily weight and bmi. It has other features if it is hooked to your phone like step counting and heart rate, but so far I am just using the weight function (I have a fitbit). It is a nice scale but it seems pretty pricey for what it does.

Am I missing something?

Replies

• rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    Is there something else you were expecting it to do?
  • Beaster_Bunny
    Beaster_Bunny Posts: 501 Member
    Does it make phone calls?
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    lol No,there is nothing else I expected. I wanted to know if there was more to it
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Trend tracking tools like trendweight work nice with it
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    I bought a Fitbit Aria because I'm a bit of a tech-head and though wifi connected scales that did all those fancy measurements would be great. It wasn't

I haven't bothered to hook it up to the wifi in years and I step off as soon as my weight comes up so I don't even get all the additional readings now.

It's a pretty nice *looking* scale I guess so I suppose I'm getting my moneys worth there =)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited June 2018
    I paid for it because I thought linking it with trendweight was worth it. I just weigh myself daily and don't have to open trendweight until I feel like checking my trend. You're pretty much paying for the automatic weight logging functionality and the wide compatibility with many apps, that's about it. For anyone considering buying one, it's not worth the price otherwise. Ignore allure unless you think wifi syncing is worth it.
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Another perk to a WiFi/Bluetooth scale is the blind weigh-in. The ability to weigh yourself daily and have the data stored for trends, whilst having a piece of paper or tape over the display, thereby not having to look at your weight daily if it drives you crazy.