Having a rocky first day

Options
So I know this probably happens to a lot of people but had a rough first day on the eating right track. Just had a lot of stress to deal with which I know everyone does but instead of doing something constructive to work off the stress I ate my feelings. I know it’s the first day and that things do get easier and everyone has their off days just needed to get it off my chest. Thanks to anyone who reads this and wants to leave some words of wisdom and motivation 😁

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    The fact that there is a "first day" is a win. Much better than not starting at all. Besides, seeing the calories of off days is good too as it's all about learning. There will be off days throughout, sometimes an off week, but keep on logging, even when it's rough, and keep on moving.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,488 Member
    Options
    Log it all into your food diary. The process is more important than the numbers.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Don't let today use up too much of tomorrow = if there was overeating today don't undereat tomorrow to compensate. This isn't about being perfect or having a pristine log. That all or nothing thinking causes people to throw in the towel. Keep tooling along.
  • mamasara2
    mamasara2 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You can dew eeeet!!!
    Seems like the beginning of any journey is the hardest. Next thing we know time is flown and our goals have been met and so many things are different. - that is, as long as we keep trudging along. Keep moving forward!

What is it- 21 days to make a new habit or break an old one?

I do better if I don't tell many people in my regular daily life about what I am doing so I don't end up with unintentional nay-sayers. Sometimes the people that love us do more damage than good by thinking they know more about us than we do.

Love these forums, though. Like-minded people are the best.

Sending good vibes your way!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Look at your weekly goal, not daily