Intermitten fasting

Options
2»

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    GeorgeGCT wrote: »
    Often I eat a good keto lunch and heavy fat dinner then fast until the following dinner. Been able to shed belly fat slowly doing this and still working out during. Some headaches but they are mild and common among fellow low carbers. I added electrolytes, someone would have suggested if I didn't say. I drink tons of water. I would not go more than a 24 hour fast. But that is my body. Exogenous ketones have helped keep appetite down. I use the 4 ketone salt mix but not every day. I hear mixed results. Seems to help. But I do follow a standard keto diet. I am looking to cut fat but build muscle so weight loss is not a priority.

then you need to do whats called a recomp but its really really slow.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Kendreya29 wrote: »
    I was unconsciously doing intermittent fasting and honestly it’s great once your body gets used to it. I lost a lot of fat. The key to keeping muscle is during your 8 hour eating window eat foods that are low in fat, but high in protein and during your workouts, do less reps with heavier weights, you’ll see a difference! Enjoy your day :smile:

you lose fat in a deficit. Ive been fasting all my life for the most part and I gained weight and fat eating too much. so as for preventing muscle you need to eat enough protein and do resistance/weight training. has nothing to do with low fat. why should someone eat low fat to keep muscle? especially if they dont have to do a low fat diet? a body needs so much fat for hormone production and other vital things
  • TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I’d say that I’m a natural IFer but I’ve been obese for years so it hasn’t been ‘helpful’ for me. However, I still find it difficult to eat before lunch time so when I’m mindful of my calorie intake, then IF is great for me — but I doubt it would be benefiting me any more than if I ate the same number of calories all day as opposed to a few hours later in the day.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    I’d say that I’m a natural IFer but I’ve been obese for years so it hasn’t been ‘helpful’ for me. However, I still find it difficult to eat before lunch time so when I’m mindful of my calorie intake, then IF is great for me — but I doubt it would be benefiting me any more than if I ate the same number of calories all day as opposed to a few hours later in the day.

it wont make a difference. I became obese eating more than I burned doing IF,but I lost weight eating in a deficit doing IF,now Im maintaining my weight(doing a recomp). but if IF makes you stick to your calories thats a plus.I cant eat before noon most days either. my stomach just cant handle food before then. Ive always been like that even as a kid. I didnt eat breakfast before I went to school and would eat lunch and not eat again until dinner most days
  • TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 258 Member
    Options

it wont make a difference. I became obese eating more than I burned doing IF,but I lost weight eating in a deficit doing IF,now Im maintaining my weight(doing a recomp). but if IF makes you stick to your calories thats a plus.I cant eat before noon most days either. my stomach just cant handle food before then. Ive always been like that even as a kid. I didnt eat breakfast before I went to school and would eat lunch and not eat again until dinner most days

Exactly. As others have pointed out already, what matters is calories so whether you eat early or late is irrelevant if you’re still consuming the same amount throughout the day.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

Exactly. As others have pointed out already, what matters is calories so whether you eat early or late is irrelevant if you’re still consuming the same amount throughout the day.

yep its all about the calories :)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    To shorten things up for you Intermittent Fasting or IF is the best tool to free up time spent on eating as well as a great fat burning tool. Along with what I noticed along my IF path are that my lifts are noticeably better while exercising fasted. 2 years ago I implemented IF to lose body fat and I lost a total of 60lbs all thanks to IF and at the time a vegan diet.

and a calorie deficit