Feed Me

Options
Last year in June I started my diet. I lost 60lbs until there were problems in my marriage. Well, I'm back on the diet after gaining back 20lbs. I was eating non-stop. Now I have the urge to eat and I'm not hungry. I'm thinking it's an addiction. I keep drinking more water and trying to find ways to distract myself, but I keep thinking of foods that sound good! It's calling out to me from the kitchen right now...

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Cravings can be hard to ignore, but you don't have to act on them, and you only gain if you consistently act on them.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    Options
    Try this- urges and cravings are two separate things.

An urge- I didn’t plan on eating a donut, I wasn’t thinking about donuts. I drove by 8 donut shops on my way to work and didn’t even notice them. But someone brought donuts to the office and now all I can think about is how much I want one.

Resist urges.

A craving- it’s 3 days later and I still want a donut.

Manage cravings. Figure out what donut you’re going to eat. Calculate the calories and work it into your plan. Can you make do with a half?

Food calling from the kitchen in the evening is a drag. Can you make a appealing snack that you can plan for a specified time? Has to be something worth waiting for without being a trigger for more.

The logic- when you know something is available later, delay is easier to manage than deny.