Doctors scales or home ones?

Options
Hi all.
I weighed myself yesterday and was 156.6lb (71kg) at home. However today I had a doctors appointment were I was weighed and was 68kg (149.9lb). I have only been recording my eating for a week and only started weighing myself on Wednesday. Which scale is more reliable? I doubt I would have had a whoosh moment and have lost that much in a day..
Thank :)

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Whatever scale you're going to be stepping on most of the time
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    All scales are different, pick one and use it consistently.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    When I'd started out my doctor's scale maxed out @500lbs. I had to get weighed at the UPS (United Parcel Service) to gauge my initial progress. The DHL office near me at the time maxed out @800lbs. I was 995lbs. I laughed out loud at the time ... Suppose it's better than bawling out crying.

I'm going to agree with previous posters @scale location.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Choose one scale to use and compare weights from only that scale. Probably want to use your home scale unless you go to the doctor pretty often.
    You could put a weight on your scale to see how accurate it is. What matters is not the exact number but the change over time though.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    You should use the scale you are going to use most often. It doesn't hurt to troubleshoot the location of your scale. Make sure it is on a hard even surface. Make sure that if it is in a closet your are not being touched by hanging clothes when you weigh. But if all that is okay it is ultimately what @Lounmoun said about the change in weight over time.