First day, and I already love my pal!

Options
Hi everyone! I'm an almost 20 year old girl from South Africa, and I'm nearly 25-30kg overweight! I don't know how I ever allowed it to go that far!

I've registered on other calorie counter sites before, but they were way to boring. This is something really cool! I love social networking, and to have social networking and a calorie counter combined, seems awesome!

I can feel it now... I am so gonna get addicted to this place! I'm looking forward to make some friends!

It really feels like this is the miracle I've needed for so long! We'll see how it goes, and how this works for me.

Replies

• cynditoney
    cynditoney Posts: 90
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP!! This site is intersting and fun! The people are wonderful, friendly and have great advice. You will love it here!:flowerforyou: Friend request sent!
  • modickson
    modickson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Glad to meet you. I too have about 30 - to lbs to lose. 40 would be ideal. I am not sure how it came to be either but it sure goes on MUCH faster than it comes off. I am also going to try to quit smoking in the process so doubly hard. The picture I have posted on my home page is an inspirational photo not what I look like today =( in case you were wondering. Good luck on your journey. :smile:
  • jenuwine
    jenuwine Posts: 57
    Options
    Weome ! :flowerforyou:

I joined almost 6mths ago and agree this site is very addictive! I also have the iphone application and logging my excercise and calories is so easy! I love the online community and tools such as the reports.
    Welcome again, and I hope you love this site as much as I do.

I'm 10kgs overweight and I to have no idea how I got here, but this site is already helping me so much, thus far with my mindset and selping me set boundaries. Its an amazing tool - I cant believe its free!!
  • gingerra19800
    Options
    welcome!!! i love this place its really great and everyone is friendly and helpful!! best wishes!!
    Ginger:flowerforyou:
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hey there and welcome :flowerforyou:

I'm Chellie from Ireland and I have to agree this site is very addictive lol :laugh: I've met some really great people here and the support is priceless :bigsmile:

Hope you enjoy your time here have sent you a FR :drinker:
  • DeidreDup
    DeidreDup Posts: 15
    Options
    Wow, thank you for all the replies and friend requests so soon after I posted this! You people are the best!

I'm looking forward to getting to know each of you, I will be reading your blog entries and stuff.

Good Luck to everyone!
    Let's do this!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome!