Identifying triggers

Options
A-HA!!!! Spotted another eat when I'm not hungry trigger - husbeast gets home pretty late so I make his dinner hours after the rest of us have eaten. I didn't realize I was eating when he did as well. No wonder the thighs were thundering!
Another one of my triggers is children- for some insane reason I felt like someone had to finish eating what they didn't, and since no one else was stepping up to the plate (heehee.. pun) I had to do it. Human garbage disposal. What is up with that?!? It wasn't even a conscious decision!

Makes me wonder what other self sabotage-like behaviors I haven't noticed yet.

😳

Replies

• Tabitha1280
    Tabitha1280 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Eating your feelings? It’s called comfort food for a reason.
    I walked with friends at noon today. Our local grocery store has an eat-in prepared food section past the registers and we’ll sometimes end up there for lunch. As we sat there talking, I noticed a young (high school?) girl walk by, furtively opening a bag of cookies. Yes she was very overweight. I felt so very bad for her.
  • mamasara2
    mamasara2 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Bless her heart! Being a teenager is hard enough without being overweight as well.
  • hoppgeorge
    hoppgeorge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    That’s awesome to read how you are analyzing your behaviors. Not many people can do that. It looks like you are walking the road to success. Best of luck! Keep it up!