Critique my plan

Options
shaneharley
shaneharley Posts: 6 Member
edited June 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi!

Hoping for some input on what I've been doing lately in terms of diet + exercise. I'm 27 Male, 6ft, currently at 169lb (started at 183lb).My main goal at the moment has been to get down to 160lb (feel like this is a good weight based on the fat I'm still currently carrying) and my body shape.

I've been averaging about 2000 calories a day eaten, and then I burn normally around 500 (Net calories sit at around 1500). I pay attention to my macros and eat around 170g protein, 110g carbs and the rest fat.

In terms of working out, I go to the gym 5x a week (start with a 15min run, then do upper body Tues/Thurs/Sat and lower body Wed/Fri), then a spin class on Sundays.

I'm thinking once I get to 160lb I'll keep the same workout schedule but just start eating more to build more muscle)

What I'm really wondering, is there anything different I should be doing? I know it's hard to build muscle while on a deficit but I am noticing some minor gains (I think?!)

Replies

• jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'd ensure your following a proven program with progressive overload built In
  • LeighLeigh_fit
    LeighLeigh_fit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I suggest going on to avatarnutrition.com and using their macro generation tool in the reverse diet mode.

Also, building muscle will cause the scale to go up or not move. Have you ever gotten your body fat tested? There are a few different methods I suggest:
    Cheap/free: caliper pinches or electrical impedance
    More expensive: dexa scan