When nothing’s on TV I end up watching.....

Options
Misty_1375
Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
Seems like I have a bazillion channels but I can’t ever find anything to watch. Ultimately I always, at some point during the day, I end up watching COPS or The First 48. Before I know it I’ve binged watched for way too long. Anyone else do the same?

Replies

• Misty_1375
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Misty_1375 wrote: »
    Seems like I have a bazillion channels but I can’t ever find anything to watch. Ultimately I always, at some point during the day, I end up watching COPS or The First 48. Before I know it I’ve binged watched for way too long. Anyone else do the same?

I no longer have cable. But when I did and saw nothing else interesting (which was almost every day), I would watch those same two shows.

They are kind of addicting. Or any super hero movies. Also, Matrix series, Underworld series.
  • Misty_1375
    Options

I no longer have cable. But when I did and saw nothing else interesting (which was almost every day), I would watch those same two shows.

They are kind of addicting. Or any super hero movies. Also, Matrix series, Underworld series.

I haven't even seen the Matrix yet. I really have to because everybody's always talking about different color pills and apparently it's a Matrix reference.

Oh yes you must go down the rabbit hole!!
  • Misty_1375
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    At my house it is Family Feud. Just got satellite again not too long ago and the amount of channels is overwhelming. Family Feud seems to always be on! That or Impractical Jokers

I LOVE Impractical Jokers! I get so embarrassed for them though and I usually have to hide my face....lol
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    I always load the DVR up on weather shows (like tornado documentaries), House Hunters International, or Locked Up Abroad. These are our go to's when there's nothing else on.
  • Misty_1375
    Options
    At my house it is Family Feud. Just got satellite again not too long ago and the amount of channels is overwhelming. Family Feud seems to always be on! That or Impractical Jokers

I LOVE Impractical Jokers! I get so embarrassed for them though and I usually have to hide my face....lol

Some of those episodes have had me laughing so hard I couldn't breathe, then some are just meh. It's a good thing to watch if you feel bummed at all though.

How in the world do those people they are pranking not know something is about to go down?!?!? I’d be like “dude! WTF are you doing?”
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Forensic Files yeahhh!
  • Misty_1375
    Options
    Oh wait, here’s another good one, Criminal Minds!
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Usually I end up watching a book.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    YouTube
  • Misty_1375
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    YouTube

Same. Dr. Pimple Popper is the best!
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I usually have the Travel Channel on in the background. I find their foodie related programming to be better than the Cooking Channel's, or even the Food Network. I'm all about those one-hour blocks of Top 100 Steakhouses or World's Fattest Buffets.
  • lisaloumn2
    lisaloumn2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Bones, House Hunters, Food Network are my usual go tos
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    NHL network or hockey. Not so much in summer.
  • Misty_1375
    Options
    HGTV, Documentaries, or I’ll download a movie.

HGTV is like Pinterest to me. It’s best I stay away from that channel 😳
  • Misty_1375
    Options
    HGTV, Documentaries, or I’ll download a movie.

HGTV is like Pinterest to me. It’s best I stay away from that channel 😳

I can relate to this. If I get into a serious binge I someone always end up at homesence the same day, coming back with gold elephants and more throw pillows cause I don’t already have enough.

Or just rearrange the whole damn living room and consider knocking out a wall to make the room bigger!
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie... Golden Girls.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I find myself watching stupid mindless stuff sometimes. Cartoon Network, Buzzr, GSN, TVland, reruns on TBS, etc.
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    I still watch Jeapordy and The Wheel