Just want to make sure I am doing everything right?!

Options
Hi,

first of all greetings to everyone, I have been browsing the forums a little and taking in A LOT of information, and I am ready to really knuckle down and work hard to lose weight and get a better physique.

i do have one query though and I am finding conflicting information on these boards, and online;

It is regarding macros and having enough calories to get a good physique whilst in a deficit. At the moment (the start of this week), I have been eating 40/30/30 fat, carbs, protein all coming from 'good' sources I believe (Cottage cheese. Olive Oil, Nuts etc). My main aim I suppose is to lose weight but also lose the flab that I have had previously as well. Would hate to lose a lot but look the same, albeit a little smaller in the mirror!

I am male, 6'2 weighing 233lbs approx. I used to weigh 336lbs after university and lost most in about 8-9 months in 2006, that is why my belly is fairly flabby still and waist is too large! I go to the gym every weekday morning and work a specific muscle group and also walk home from work every night which is about 4.7 miles at a brisk...ish pace, I add these calories and try to eat them back. I am currently set to 2lbs loss a week.

Following the research I have done this seems OK? But just wanted to know if any seasoned weight lossers who have done something similar had any specific advice/tips to help achieve my goals?

Many thanks :smile: