Support when the weight loss seems to stop

Options
So I am 21 years old and have been properly on this journey since January and have managed to lose around 30lbs (which is great!) yet I have been stuck at the same weight of 13st 13lbs for the past two weeks and am beginning to get annoyed.

The thing is I always get to this weight and everything either goes wrong or I end up not losing anything. It is a real frustration to me and I need some support as I don’t actually have any support elsewhere.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I mean my highest intake of calories a day can be 1500 though usually I eat around 1000/1200 a day (not less because I make sure it is around that.)

Help or advice?

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    How closely do you log your food? Do you use a food scale to weigh your portions?
  • MijasWeightLoss
    MijasWeightLoss Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »
    How closely do you log your food? Do you use a food scale to weigh your portions?

I weight out all my food using scales and make sure to input it correctly. I have always used a scale to weigh it out to make sure it is 100% accurate when I eat.
  • tomorrowperfume
    tomorrowperfume Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've found that sometimes cyclical hormonal changes (like my period) or changing up my workout schedule can make me retain water in weird ways. I bet you that in a week, you'll drop two or three pounds all at once when that water weight puddles out. Don't worry! You've been logging properly since January and you've been losing at a good pace. A couple of weeks isn't going to set you back.

Good luck and keep it up! :)
  • arbuckle57
    arbuckle57 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    plateaus are normal, did you start the gym too..if you did muscle can weigh more. If not maybe what your eating needs tweaking. Watch the carbs and fat content as well as calories.
  • MijasWeightLoss
    Options
    I've found that sometimes cyclical hormonal changes (like my period) or changing up my workout schedule can make me retain water in weird ways. I bet you that in a week, you'll drop two or three pounds all at once when that water weight puddles out. Don't worry! You've been logging properly since January and you've been losing at a good pace. A couple of weeks isn't going to set you back.

Good luck and keep it up! :)

Yeah that may be it actually, I know that I am not supposed to come on till next week some time so it could be that. I just hope to drop some weight soon because it is starting to get to me a little.
  • MijasWeightLoss
    Options
    arbuckle57 wrote: »
    plateaus are normal, did you start the gym too..if you did muscle can weigh more. If not maybe what your eating needs tweaking. Watch the carbs and fat content as well as calories.

I didn’t start the gym purely because as a student it is too expensive. I tend to walk a lot and make sure I keep track so much. I rarely eat potatoes or bread anyway because I just randomly cut them out one day. I think it may be the sugar and fat at the moment even though it is in calorie limits.
  • MorningGrace73
    MorningGrace73 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've been working on losing weight since February and so far have dropped about 50lbs. This month in particular I've noticed that my losses seem to come abruptly and then I plateau for up to 2 weeks. I'll lose 3-4 lbs at a time, but then not move for a week or more. I've also heard this isn't too uncommon. Like it was mentioned before, changing things up seems to have an impact as well. Maybe try something new at the gym, change when and how you eat, maybe something similar to shake up your body a little. Having a change to my routine usually results in a change to how I lose weight. Best of luck!
  • tomorrowperfume
    tomorrowperfume Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    arbuckle57 wrote: »

Women who are doing everything right - getting enough protein and calories and lifting properly and often - can gain 1 pound of muscle per month, max, unless they are taking hormones designed to increase muscle mass. I have heard that men can gain up to 2 pounds of muscle per month naturally. I doubt that's what's happening here.