Do you think vulnerability is a turn off or attractive

Options
thirtiesrock
thirtiesrock Posts: 30 Member
I’m a mixture of *kitten* and a bit of bad *kitten* but the *kitten* takes over some days

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Vulnerable as in emotionally in touch with themselves? Can feel, think, verbalize and not stuff all their feelings down?

If so then yes 'vulnerability' is attractive to me.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Here’s the thing. This is a very vague question. In order for a relation ship to be successful you have to be vulnerable. It comes after the attraction in my (almost 24 years old and getting divorced) opinion

wait, seriously, now I feel old :worried:
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    Here’s the thing. This is a very vague question. In order for a relation ship to be successful you have to be vulnerable. It comes after the attraction in my (almost 24 years old and getting divorced) opinion

Don’t
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options

Sounds like you're feeling pretty vulnerable right now.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

Sounds like you're feeling pretty vulnerable right now.
    It all comes around
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    Im feeling vulnerable right now. How does that make you feel?
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Vulnerable can be attractive. But to me vulnerable and weak are not the same thing. Opening yourself up and feeling emotions is what I consider vulnerable.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Mmmm like how vulnerable? Cause I don’t like cry babies
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Men do seem to favor the bird with a broken wing type of gal.

We can save them, and by saving them save ourselves! Every damn time.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Im feeling vulnerable right now. How does that make you feel?

Hornpervalicious?
  • SomersetCharlie
    SomersetCharlie Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Attractive. :)
  • elizabethmcopeland
    elizabethmcopeland Posts: 167 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    It truly depends on what you mean by vulnerable.

There's vulnerable, insecure, where you're just manipulating other peoples' goodheartedness for attention. (you're the beneficiary)

There's vulnerable, openhandedness, where you're just opening up to share or empathize. (you may benefit, but the goal and intent is that it's mutually beneficial)

IMO, the former is irritating and the latter is honorable. Some people like to feel needed so they might like the former.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    You have to allow yourself to be somewhat vulnerable to truly fall in love, IMO. Just don’t be too gullible.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    Vulnerable.....no. Caring, yeah. I think vulnerable is the extreme end of being sensitive. Almost like being a victim. I think it's important to have a degree of sensitivity, but being vulnerable I think is something that happens to all of us, but I don't believe It's something we should strive for.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    vul·ner·a·ble

susceptible to physical or emotional attack or harm.
    "we were in a vulnerable position"
    synonyms: helpless, defenseless, powerless, impotent, weak, susceptible

Yes then No to your question. Vulnerable to me means having a bullseye on your forehead. There's a difference between openness and vulnerability.

Just for context, I don't know of a man in my circles who would choose to be vulnerable either but we're bent on survival out here.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I think the most stable relationships will happen when both parties are in a good place and things happen naturally without effort.

Equating vulnerability with being able to fall in love is a bit of a romance novel construct.