My 90 Day Transformation and thoughts this far

Options
UntilProud
UntilProud Posts: 277 Member
I've seen success in weight loss many times, but the yo-yo always finds its way up. Despite all of my best efforts to see myself fit, or healthy, or attractive, or any other "reason" I had to be skinnier, it never held up to my need for food. I suppose I never had a handle on my addiction to eating anything I wanted and I blame myself, because I always failed one major component of weight loss...education.

You can be disciplined, but discipline without education, at least in my case, just meant starvation...sure I had major success in starvation, but every starving dog loses its mind at the first sign of absolute weakness. Then there's compromise, but compromise without education just meant "I'll do it tomorrow" or "it's not working"...the need for success overwhelmed my ability to compromise and then I'd go to "discipline" and then the cycle continued. It was until I understood my body, but not just my body, but the general consensus of body types and caloric needs, that I was able to gauge exactly what it was I was truly needing to do, and that was find a course of action, calorically speaking, and head off on that voyage and see where it took me. It has yet to disappoint. I eat plenty, which is unusual for me as I had always pretended that I only need 12XX calories a day to survive (wrong)...I eat fiber, fruits, carbs, protein, and I eat plenty throughout the day. I've lost weight at a slower pace than I ever had before, but I feel good about it. I don't crave BS and I don't feel like I've given up on certain things that I like...which is insane to with my obsessive personality. Yet, here I am, knocking it out.

It's not always been easy, but it's sure been worth it. u611mafi53eh.jpg

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up your success is showing!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Great job man!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    That is fantastic! I hope your experience helps others having similar issues. Well done and keep on posting!

edited for grammar
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Great 90 day progress! Looking great!
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing in only 90 days!!
  • LoreeBelle
    LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow! That’s incredible in 90 days! Congratulations on your success and keep it up!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    WOW! Great progress
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!