Weekend sabotaging weight loss goals??

2»

Replies

• Roosh513
    Roosh513 Posts: 57 Member
    Your weight will fluctuate based on your current habits. The cool thing about weight loss (or gain) is that there are a bunch of different knobs you can turn to try and move your weight in the direction you want. If you like eating more on the weekends, and want to keep it that way, no problem...assuming you are comfortable adding a couple of extra cardio sessions per week. If your weight isn't budging with your current habits, and you are not gaining weight, then a bit of extra cardio may be the ticket. As others have mentioned, if you don't want to adjust your exercise routine, you also have the option to eat a bit less during the week if you're comfortable with lowering your calories.

You don't have to change everything at once, but you should dial the food/exercise knobs until you start seeing progress. Once you see a bit of progress, don't change anything until you stall out again (give it a couple of weeks).
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited June 2018
    nadnan91 wrote: »
    I like your advice it’s just that 10 pounds does make a huge difference on a small body like mine - a 10 pound difference will show up tremendously on me and it means feeling more confident in a swimsuit which of course is important on vacation.

I’m your height and weigh a little less than your goal weight. While we don’t have the same body, I’m going to guess there are some similarities. I lost a bit over 100 pounds.

You can feel confident in a swimsuit regardless of what you weigh. This is a psychological thing, not a physical one.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    It took a long time of declining a lot of social events and getting my habits in order before I was able to start opening up again and playing the long game better.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,099 Member
    There is a guy at my gym. Nice guy, kinda fond of him actually. He does the 40/30/30 / Paleo thing 6 days a week. Then one day a week he basically binges. He will eat like a dozen donuts or a half gallon of ice cream. He does not track. He was talking about hitting a plateau while cutting. I had to tell him that his binge day was wiping out his deficit for his restricted days. Same goes for you.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Try starting your weekend days with a long walk or run (like 10 miles) to start the day with a solid deficit. Then maybe some form of IF to try and keep your calories in check — example 16:8 eating window with your calories split between two meals. For me that might be 700 cals for lunch and 1000 for dinner.

You might wanna also pass up alcohol until you hit your goal. It’s a lot of empty calories and usually ends up making you eat more.