Jersey Mikes Calories

Options
How do I find out the calories for a regular Jersey Mikes Chicken, bacon and ranch sub on white without the ranch dressing? Website showing 900 calories with dressing!! That can't be correct. So many calories!!!!! Thanks for any help.

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    you could mentally disassemble it and log components separately
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    900 calories actually sounds not completely outrageous for a regular sub with ranch dressing, bacon, and cheese. If I ordered that sandwich without dressing, I would just subtract the calories for what I estimated for the ranch from the overall sandwich. The regular bread is almost 300 calories just by itself, so the rest of the sandwich is going to add up pretty fast.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I've had really good luck emailing various chain restaurants and requesting the nutrition information for each item.

That said, making an educated guess, you probably saved about 100-150 calories by skipping the dressing.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Looks like they break down the ingredients here: https://www.jerseymikes.com/menu/nutrition
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I've had really good look emailing various chain restaurants and requesting the nutrition information for each item.

That said, making an educated guess, you probably saved about 100-150 calories by skipping the dressing.

yep. i was going to say just take off about 150 cals for dressing
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    You would have to buy it take it home. Then disassembly it. Weight each part and told it all up. Tell them to put dressing on the side. o:)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I've had really good look emailing various chain restaurants and requesting the nutrition information for each item.

yep. i was going to say just take off about 150 cals for dressing

based on the nutrition breakdown, posted above, you would lower it by 120, so 780 cals
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    Run like 5 extra miles and eat away
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Yea I pretty much know I'll be over when I eat at any sandwich place,except yucky Subway but I avoid that place anyhoo
  • Whitemagictiger
    Whitemagictiger Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Think I'll be staying away from Jersey Mikes again. Definitely not worth the 780 calories!!!! Especially when I thought it was one of the healthier ones.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Think I'll be staying away from Jersey Mikes again. Definitely not worth the 780 calories!!!! Especially when I thought it was one of the healthier ones.

It could be healthy, it's just that it is also relatively calorie-dense (like a lot of sub sandwiches).
  • boomhower1820
    boomhower1820 Posts: 86 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I love love love Jersey Mikes and eat there a ton. What I typically get is a Big Kahuna Chicken in a tub. Shredded chicken, peppers, jalepenos, mushrooms and cheese. Instead of bread put it in a tub with lettuce and tomatoes. They have a spicy relish I have them put on instead of any dressing. (obviously I love spicy things) Right at 470 calories give or take a few. They can be healthy but ranch in particular can kill a lot of otherwise healthy things. The bread obviously adds a ton of calories too. I usually have a bag of baked lays to get my carbs in. My lunch yesterday was 655 calories with the above and a pack of wafers.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I love me some Jersey Mike's . But yes most of their sandwiches (any sub really) are calorie dense. I guess it depends on if that sub keeps you full, and keeps you going and sated for a while or not. If you want the indulgence but not the calorie bomb you could always eat half now, and eat the other half later. Or eat the whole thing, enjoy it, and have salad (or something less calorie dense) as your next meal. a 300 calorie breakfast, 900 calorie sub for lunch , and 450 calorie dinner could fit into a day depending on what your goals and stats are. It is disappointing though to think you are making the healthier choice when in reality it's way more calorific then you thought. I try to look up the website of the place I'm eating, or a similar chain if the restaurant is local and doesn't post their calories. That way I can get a general idea of what I may be consuming. Sometimes the salads get me. They can be way worse (or the same) as just ordering a dang cheeseburger! So it's important to do your homework if possible before going out.