Question for women who have lost weight

Replies

• collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    40C/38D to a 34DD. I bought new bras when I realized that I'd deflated enough to stick half a tennis ball in each cup.
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    This is something that is determined by genetics and will vary greatly from person to person.

This.

I was quite busty (40D or DD depending on the bra brand) for my height, when I was heavier. Now, if it is not chilly ;) and I don't plan on running, I can go bra-less with no problems.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    I had to drop below BMI 21 for mine to really get smaller, they hung on for a long time.

I started out at about 145lb and 32G (~BMI 25) and now I'm about 118 lbs (~BMI 20) and 28F, which is doesn't seem like a huge difference but is really a big improvement. It's only one cup size, so proportionately they're still there, but since my band size shrunk as well, they are objectively a lot smaller in volume (my bust measurement went from like 39" to 33" and underbust from 32" to 27"). They actually went from being one of the first things anyone ever noticed about me to being completely normal-looking,which is fantastic.
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    edited June 2018
    Band size yes, cup size not so much. At my heaviest I was a 36G. After losing 63 pounds, I'm in between a 32G and 32F. I don't really expect it to go down much. The smallest bra size I've been in about 15 years is a 32E. Not everybody shrinks when they lose weight. I've mainly stuck to wearing sports bras because of sizing but I did buy myself some new underwire bras recently and I'm glad I did.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    When I lost weight....the boobs went first...well on to an A cup.
    Had a double mastectomy and reconstruction into a nice full C.
    Now as I get smaller my boobs look bigger and will never change.....YEAH!
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    I was small busted, and I got smaller :laugh:

Mine too! I'm to the point that unless my shirt is a bit see through, you can't tell if I'm wearing a bra or not: bralette size Small (and they can't have too much of a cup either).
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,377 Member
    My cup size never was big to start with, a European 75C to just about D at my biggest. Now I'm at 75B and love it! I just prefer small, perky tittis <3 So much more comfortable for sport and sleeping, a nice small handful. Perfect :)
  • NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    I was an F cup when I was thin and had a reduction to a large C. Then I gained (a lot of) weight and went back to an F cup. Right now I'm almost at my goal and am still at an F cup. I might need another reduction if they don't shrink in the next 20 pounds.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,155 Member
    I was a 38 DD, lost 60 pounds and keep working I'm a 36F. I have very little fatty tissue in my breasts, according to my radiologist, so she says it's very doubtful I'll lose much cup size no matter how much smaller my band size may get.
  • rsergeant79
    rsergeant79 Posts: 45 Member
    I was a 42E at the start of my journey - now a 38B after 112Ib loss..... deflated is the description I would use!!
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    I was a 36/38D before for about 20 years, then when I gained this weight went up to a 42DD at 237 lbs. I've lost 50 and just purchased two bras at 40DD. They are not tight. I have another 50 lbs. to go, and I expect that I'll get back to a smaller bra size, a D cup. However, I don't think my boobs are going to look nice...they are already droopy.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    They are always the first to go, absolutely. I've lost like 1 1/2 cup sizes. Oh well.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    i lost weight proportionally, but that doesnt mean it comes off where it wants when it wants.

i went from a 44DD to a 38C, and have about 30 pounds to go, so i expect that will reduce at some point, again.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    44DD to 38 (or 36?) C. I'm not happy about it, but they were always pretty dumpy anyway, so I'm not mad about it, either.
  • sirenserenade
    sirenserenade Posts: 9 Member
    Unfortunately, yes. I used to be very satisfied with my 32D/DDs. Now, I'm lucky if I can fit into a C. In most bras, I tend to be a B now... :neutral:

Oh well... Now that I'm lifting more, hopefully I can make up for my boob loss with a bigger butt!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    When I gained weight, fat basically buried my breasts. When the fat came off, my breasts became more prominent. Seemingly, from an A cup to a full B.

34fnz3r.jpg
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    my bra size changed ONLY because of the weight lost around my back and underarms, but my cup size didn't change appreciably,
    I've always carried alot of weight in those areas though, and have a broad back to begin with, so alot of space to carry fat there and for the fat to be spread across.
    Luckily, when I lose weight, it goes from all areas pretty evenly so if anything, although cup size stayed the same, it kinda 'looks' like my cup size increased since the band measurement decreased LOL.
    Optical illusion for the win :)
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    edited June 2018
    I did, I'm still a work in progress, but I've gone from a 44D to a 36 D. Weight can come off very unevenly, bit as you make progress it starts to even out, forme it's my stomach.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    When band size changes and cup size doesn't, there is a loss of volume because the same cup size is physically smaller at a smaller band size. It can look like size increased or stayed the same as an illusion compared to a smaller waist. At one point I looked ridiculously cartoonish like Jessica Rabbit. As I lost more weight and my waist loss slowed down, it started looking a little bit more balanced.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    My band and cup size definitely went down when I lost weight. I went from a 40/42 DD to a 28/30 F. My boobs stopped filling out the cup but I'm...uh...still wearing the same bra. I hate bra shopping and the cups are molded on the bras I wear in that size so it hasn't been a priority. :)

I do have a funny story about weight loss in the boobs, tho! I had a mammogram done one year. So....a couple years later, when I had another one while dieting, they stuck the new x-rays on the board next to the x-rays from the last mammogram and the nurse/technician exclaimed, "You've lost weight!"