Am I consuming too much protein?

Options
I am very active 29 year old female 5’5 128lbs I walk two hours a day and lift weights 1 1/2 hours. Today my protein was higher than expected 158g of protein 255g of carbs and 60 g of fat. I am trying to gain weight. Am I consuming too much to where I’ll damage my kidneys. This morning I had protein packed crepes, snack I had a banana, lunch I had brown rice, avocado, broccoli and chicken. Pre workout snack was 1 cup of Greek yogurt with bananas and blueberries. Post workout was protein shake with almond butter and baby spinach and dinner is whole wheat pasta with olive oil, baby spinach and pasta sauce. Please your advice would be greatly appreciated. 9ah6o4u4acrw.jpeg
0l6cmnlz0wef.jpeg

Replies

• chunkybuttf
    chunkybuttf Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @malibu97 thank you I don’t know I eat too much protein rich foods
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    If it helps you hit your goals. Then no. I have read study abstracts that talk about people eating 3grams per pound of bw and having no issues. I eat 1.3 per pound.... kidneys just fine, now the rest of me is falling apart! Lol
  • chunkybuttf
    Options
    @psychod787 lol aww ok and consuming whey protein twice is ok?
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    @psychod787 lol aww ok and consuming whey protein twice is ok?

Protein is actually my fave macro. I am a meat and veggie kind of guy!
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I am very active 29 year old female 5’5 128lbs I walk two hours a day and lift weights 1 1/2 hours. Today my protein was higher than expected 158g of protein 255g of carbs and 60 g of fat. I am trying to gain weight. Am I consuming too much to where I’ll damage my kidneys. This morning I had protein packed crepes, snack I had a banana, lunch I had brown rice, avocado, broccoli and chicken. Pre workout snack was 1 cup of Greek yogurt with bananas and blueberries. Post workout was protein shake with almond butter and baby spinach and dinner is whole wheat pasta with olive oil, baby spinach and pasta sauce. Please your advice would be greatly appreciated. 9ah6o4u4acrw.jpeg
    0l6cmnlz0wef.jpeg

First off - those crepes look amazing. Second off, I'm 4' 11", 110-113 lbs. on prep and consume 1,300 calories with near 150g (I am for more but usually end up around that while in my cut) of that being protein. When in bulk, I eat near 200g protein. I lift for two hours a day and do around an hour of cardio. Also, I have a deformed kidney and pretty major kidney issues due to that and it has never been an issue. Drink lots of water. You'll be fine!
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Also, your abs are goals!
  • chunkybuttf
    Options
    @peaceout_aly omg gurl thank you so much❤️😘 you’re gorgeous luv
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a pre-existing kidney disorder the simple answer is no!

At 128 lb the maximum beneficial protein is 102g anything above that is unnecessary but in no way harmful.

If you enjoy the protein, eat the protein :smile:
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    0l6cmnlz0wef.jpeg
    Nothing to worry about, I weigh 165 lbs and I sometimes go over 200g of protein. Now if you would've told me that you weigh 130 lbs and you eat 300g of protein, then that's a different story. Btw, you look fantastic, keep it up.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    LoL at the protein hurting your kidneys comment - you need to research more and learn allot more about nutrition if you think 150 grams of protein is going to hurt your kidneys.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous lady and gorgeous food :D On a more practical note, just ditch the protein shake if you think you're getting in too much. Not really for your kidneys, 158 grams isn't dangerous in any way, but if you want to gain weight, you need to eat more, consistently and for a long time, and I just, well, I'd be bored by protein shakes if I had them every day. There are so many other things you can eat that are more exciting (unless of course you happen to enjoy the shakes).
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say you look great! The work on your body really shows, and you have a very pretty face. You look like a superhero!

I'm a diabetic eating low carb, I get that much protein fairly often. It may be a little harder on your kidneys in the very long term, but we're talking decades, not one bulk.
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I feel like you asked the same question a few weeks ago. Were you not satisfied with those answers? If not you it should be helpful to look over.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10673076/am-i-consuming-too-much-protein/p1

This.