My story: 215lbs to 124lbs

Options
vburgy
vburgy Posts: 15 Member
I remember waking up one day going : who the hell is this far chick in the mirror and what did she do with my body?! I ALWAYS struggled with my weight but it NEVER got this bad.
I was 215lbs and hated myself. I decided it was time to change!
So I set goals. Goal 1: get UNDER 200lbs Goal 2: complete the Tough Mudder no matter how long it takes me
So I set out to do that! I trained for months and was able to complete the TM!
After that I was DETERMINED to lose the weight.
The funny thing about trying to better yourself (especially with weight) is how many people crap on you trying to get healthy! My own family and friends gave me a hard time as I was losing weight. “You’re too skinny” “aren’t you done yet?” “Eat a sandwich” “ you don’t have to log EVERYTHING”. My favorite was on my wedding day (I’d already lost all the weight at this point btw) and I get told “wow! You have NO waist now. Can you get any skinnier?!” Since when is it ok to give someone a hard time for getting healthy? Or for getting thin! It’s NOT!
Having so many people get on my butt made me realize a few things. It’s not about them. It’s about me and how I feel. Their hateful comments are them being insecure on their appearance and really has nothing to do with me!
So here I am! 2 1/2 yrs later. Size 2. 124lbs. 😊 loving life!

Pictures : collage- blue dress 215lbs. The rest are throughout the process
-side by side: 215 to now 124

Replies

• vburgy
    Options
    Congratulations on the baby! 💜 going from 240 to 201 is a great accomplishment! Great job! Keep going. Only you decide how far you go. 😊 @kafsha25
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress...you look great!
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    @vburgy Congratulation! How weird that you should be hassled for being too thin on your wedding day! Having a tiny waist is most women's dream 😁
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Well you look beautiful, I'm glad you have the self confidence to ignore the doubters.
  • QueenBee2018
    QueenBee2018 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You are lovely. Thanks for sharing your story. I am impressed with your persistence!
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Amazing and Inspirational!!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!
  • glorian13vazquez498
    glorian13vazquez498 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wooow. You look beautiful and healthy (before pic you look beautiful too). You inspire me. I lost 8.4lbs already, but I still have long way to go. I just started to lose weight and eat healthy. I hope one day I can post my success picture too.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    2.5 years?! You have stamina and vision! This is the case of "reinventing yourself"!
    From your experience others did not like you changing their perspective of you.....BUT....you didn't make it your problem! WOW!
    What were a few key points that contributed to your success?
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You were beautiful before and you're beautiful now! Very inspiring for me - we have the same starting weight and I had the same epiphany one day that I just didn't want to be this size anymore! I still havent decided my final goal weight - how did you decide on your final weight?
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    What an inspirational post! You look fantastic! Thanks for the kick in the tush this morning to make it mine!
  • vburgy
    Options
    @dsboohead thank you! Logging everything was a huge factor. I mean gum too! Add it all. Also I amped up my green tea intake and started noticing bloat going away, and the pounds started coming off easier. My husband (then boyfriend) was really encouraging too and tossed out all the crap in the house and really supported me.
  • vburgy
    Options
    @motivatedmartha I know right! Everyone wants a tiny waist but unfortunately my grandfather didn’t mean it as a compliment but as a slam. He gave me crap the ENTIRE process. First it was you look great! Then he started crapping on me because he didn’t like how small I was getting.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    vburgy wrote: »
    @motivatedmartha I know right! Everyone wants a tiny waist but unfortunately my grandfather didn’t mean it as a compliment but as a slam. He gave me crap the ENTIRE process. First it was you look great! Then he started crapping on me because he didn’t like how small I was getting.

Such a shame! Why can't people just play nice? The most unkind I have received is when relatives made a big fuss about someone else who had dropped a few pounds while completely ignoring my 40lbs loss! I can live with that - lost it for me not them! I bet you looked lovely on your big day 😁
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    vburgy wrote: »
    @AJB1014 thank you! You’re so sweet!
    My original goal was to get down to 140. But I decided to keep going. I had a chat with my dr and asked what a healthy range for me is. He explained that 119-135 is the best weight range for me. So then I decided to get down to 130 and then 124 just happened. I’ve managed to maintain 124 for almost a year now!

Awesome - thanks for the insight!
  • hippiesaur
    hippiesaur Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing transformation! Congrats! Can I ask your height, please? :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!