Lower Back Pain

Options
Ten10
Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
So I have been on a profile that limits my physical activity, it was great at first but now that I have gained all of my weight back I want to get physical again. I realize it isn't easy to stick and move when you are in pain and I am not talking about pain is weakness leaving your body I am talking excruciating pain. I know I am not always gonna have pain free days but I want to run and work out like I use to. Any advice I am already seeing a physical therapist.

Replies

• TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    just got to talk and listen to your therapist!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    My nieces therapist and dr. will only let her do swimming - laps due to her back problems. Good Luck!
  • gingerra19800
    Options
    yea water workouts are really good for the back ...and also make sure you sleep with pillows under your legs and or in between them..to relieve pressure on ur back.. hope u feel better soon!!
  • S_H84
    S_H84 Posts: 75
    Options
    I can just agree with a previous poster. Listen to what your physical therapist or dr says. They know your medical history and what is appropriate for your back pain. Not all back pain is the same.

Good luck :)
  • amyday1
    amyday1 Posts: 35
    Options
    GOOD LUCK
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend doing some yoga for lower back pain. I have really, really tight lower back muscles and have been seeing a chiropractor for most of my life. It wasn't until I started doing yoga weekly that I learned ways to stretch out those muscles and also strengthen them which has completely eliminated my back pain and daily headaches.
  • lizagill
    lizagill Posts: 8
    Options
    Actually I don't know what's it..some months before I slipped out from stairs and injured my back..now from that day I have been suffering from back pain..so is it a chronic pain and what medications or pain relievers would be helpful?
  • akaDumbo
    akaDumbo Posts: 187
    Options
    My sister has just been telling me about a class she has just signed up to that a therapist recommended specifically for her back problems (although it is meant to be good for various ailments including amongst others MS and arthritis, spinal and neck injuries) It is called deep water aqua running and from what I can gather all the exercises have to be done in deep water ie up to your neck as opposed to aquacise where the water might only come to your waist. The buoyancy of the water makes it far less painful and stressful on your body but you can get a really good workout.
  • lizagill
    lizagill Posts: 8
    Options
    Hey thanks for suggesting the way to cope with pain..but this is the therapy..I wanna know about the pain reliever that would help me to get relief from pain.